• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:58:26 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Brake Pressure

Started by Schwoni, June 30, 2012, 12:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwoni

June 30, 2012, 12:35:39 AM Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:05:54 AM by Schwoni
The Brake Pressure is wierd. In real i have a very sensitive brake, i just touch the brake a little bit and it block.
In Krp if u use a pressure of 100% it block very fast too but the kart start spinning, in real u can control that normally u do nothing exept steer straight.
i use in krp 66-70% pressure, i do fullbrake it take a short time, it block and is very good controllable.
So it seems to me that the brake is more calculated to the rear tires as to the axle. I don`t know how to explain but 100% pressure make the kart spinning, also if u just steer straight.
It should be controllable like 66% pressure but block without time if i press the pedal full.
If wished i could do a video for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5P_v3YB_c&feature=youtu.be

i think u can see very good what i mean. 2 first tests was with 100% last 2 with 66%

u can`t brake to 0 KM/H with 100% without spin.

And if i use 66% or 100% shouldn`t be important, block is block.

Racehard

June 30, 2012, 12:40:50 AM #1 Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:06:27 AM by Racehard
Yeah he is right, the braking could need some adjustment.

mogoye

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize that and I thought it was very difficult to lock the brakes without spinning.
I'll try to reduce the setting, until a fix is done  ::)

Aritz

I think this is the same as the lateral grip problem:

I think that grip level curve is too narrow. Real tyres have massive grip! You can control the kart drifts easy and the same when you are braking. In real, it is almost impossible to spin when you are braking or turning. You have to do crazy turns or looooong brakings for that!

But in KRP this is not as easy as it should. We drive with quite understeering setups because of this... My suggestion is to open the grip level curve, do it wider! Once the tyre loses the grip to the asphalt, it has to be drifting a bit, more losing, more drift but easy still. Once the level reaches the critical area, then the drift has to be almost imposible of course. But now, this comes too fast, you barely control a little drift...
Of course front tyres must have the same curve, understeer is a usefull tool for wet conditions.

Everything is that grip level  curve, both turning and braking. So improve it and we could turn and brake easier :)

I can't explain it better, I need better english and better technicals words... But I hope you understood me ;)

Racehard

Quote from: Aritz on July 01, 2012, 02:02:46 PM

Real tyres have massive grip! You can control the kart drifts easy and the same when you are braking. In real, it is almost impossible to spin when you are braking or turning. You have to do crazy turns or looooong brakings for that!

Exactly that's what we need!

mogoye

Quote from: Aritz on July 01, 2012, 02:02:46 PM

I can't explain it better, I need better english and better technicals words... But I hope you understood me ;)

Very clear and I totally agree with you

Aritz

Quote from: Schwoni on June 30, 2012, 12:35:39 AM
u can`t brake to 0 KM/H with 100% without spin.

And if i use 66% or 100% shouldn`t be important, block is block.

I've been thinking and now I understood what he means and he is right!

Once the tyre is blocked, no matter how strong you push the brake, tyre will stay blocked in the same way!

Sorry Schwoni, I mix two different problems here  :-[

Schwoni