• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:38:37 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Default groove

Started by PiBoSo, May 08, 2012, 04:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on May 09, 2012, 07:51:13 AM
Very usefull tool!

I have a question:

Is it possible to launch new tracks with this value given? If I have understood you well, it is. That should be the right way, only the track creator should have the "right" to choose real grip of one track, don't you you think?

The system will be changed so that only the track creator will be able to set the start groove.

The Iceman Marco

After 40, max 60 laps, depends on the number of people driving and class you're driving with, the track reached his best conditions. After that the track doesn't get better or worse. You can only do faster laps then if they're better as the fastest you've driven. So I don't see why we need this. ???

dibu

May 09, 2012, 06:36:41 PM #17 Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:51:45 PM by dibu
I see it similar like Marco, the feature should stay open.

My idea - can you include it to the track settings in the game menu? Like the weather and the temperature we could adjust the starting groove-level 0-100%.
It could be interesting to run a wet race with the dry line full of groove or simulate driving a race weekend from the arrival on a green track until the final with full groove.

This way there is also no cheating possible. Everybody sets the groove level for his hotlap as he likes just like the temperatures.

Aritz

yes, agree

but once people know this feature, servers will be fully grooved... No more ice tracks

dibu

Maybe for hotlaps, but not for events on dedicated server.
It's just like the weather and temperatures atm. Everybody uses a dry track, clear conditions and his magic temperature value.
My setup often fits better to lap 20-30  of groove than to lap 100.

Schwoni

someone tested this feature now? i tried. the .trp name is RacingDreamzKartTrack so i called the groove file RacingDreamzKartTrack.grv but it didn`t work not in testing and also not online.

NOP

I also tried to use it but without success.

PiBoSo

Never mind, it doesn't work.
It was broken in Beta6 :(

Schwoni

David Waters

Will there be any more work on this in the future? It would be an awesome feature if we could use it!

PiBoSo

Quote from: David Waters on June 13, 2012, 04:18:58 PM
Will there be any more work on this in the future? It would be an awesome feature if we could use it!

The feature has already been fixed and it will be integrated in Beta7.

David Waters

EVO

does this feature save skid marks or just rubbered in look and grip? it would be nice to have the thin heavy rubber lines from spin outs and wheel spin too
like at the starting grid
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

PiBoSo

Quote from: EVO on July 14, 2012, 05:12:09 AM
does this feature save skid marks or just rubbered in look and grip? it would be nice to have the thin heavy rubber lines from spin outs and wheel spin too

Groove only. No skids and no marbles.

David Waters

Quote from: EVO on July 14, 2012, 05:12:09 AM

These can be added yourself pretty easily with Bob's Track Builder. Probably in 3DMax as well.

I'm most excited about the potential for this feature to be used for wet conditions so it is slippery on the racing line.