• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:30:07 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

[Release] Es Course

Started by Aritz, February 13, 2012, 11:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Aritz

BETA released!

Please test the track, look for bugs and suggest what you want!

The track is not finished yet, not only textures are unfinished but the track bumps aswell ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?91694on06bi6780

EVO

May 18, 2012, 07:43:58 AM #32 Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:48:31 AM by EVO
Great track Aritz. You always do great work.  The road looks very real and the bumps feel really good.   

I play on medium graphics

bugs
There is a bug in KRP. If you give a texture alhpa it reduces or elimiates the kart's shadow.
So for buildigns give them a white alpha or else you will see strange shadows on them.  (See attached picture)
The ceiling of the tower needs a texture because you see through it from bellow (see attach picture)

Question
How do you make the 3d grass more in some areas and less in others.  I tried a density map once and it didnt work.

Suggestion
for final textures give them a slight worn in look for the buidligns and  maybe some rubber on the kerbs.
Maybe you can do some dirt/sand around the track and then dirt/grass further away.
The fence texture is tilled very small maybe that is more like real life but it appears like a screen in the game.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

Quote from: EVO on May 18, 2012, 07:43:58 AM
Great track Aritz. You always do great work.  The road looks very real and the bumps feel really good.   

I play on medium graphics

bugs
There is a bug in KRP. If you give a texture alhpa it reduces or elimiates the kart's shadow.
So for buildigns give them a white alpha or else you will see strange shadows on them.  (See attached picture)
The ceiling of the tower needs a texture because you see through it from bellow (see attach picture)

Question
How do you make the 3d grass more in some areas and less in others.  I tried a density map once and it didnt work.

Suggestion
for final textures give them a slight worn in look for the buidligns and  maybe some rubber on the kerbs.
Maybe you can do some dirt/sand around the track and then dirt/grass further away.
The fence texture is tilled very small maybe that is more like real life but it appears like a screen in the game.

BUGS: Yes, I know :) I was testing to use transparent glasses but I will not use them because of those reasons. No problem with alpha channel then ;)

QUESTION: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=11.240

SUGGESTION: The buildings are not texturized at all. They were made by Schwoni (thanks!!) but I have to texturize them yet... The kerbs are too new, I know, work to be done too. The fence is a problem... I don't know how to do a better one, I am using the BTB's fence and it is as it is.

Thanks for helping ;)

Schwoni

i take a look at the fences now maybe better to do them in 3d too. no appear and dissappear and no ugly white alpha

Schwoni

there is one problem with FFB in camber parts but that is a problem of KRP i have the same in liedolsheim and it is impossible to fix. if u have a camber corner u drive through it and if u steer more that 45° round about the FFB pull to that side, like opposide FFB effects.

Aritz

Only a few things to end and fix and the track will be finished  8)

Thx to Schwoni for the buildings and help, he is a good friend!

Aritz

Jommy45

this is an insane track, love it :D

fdg1997

EVO

How are you tracks so optimized? i can never get under 100mb

Aritz

Thank you :D

This track is a trainning for a future free-proyect. No more real track limitations!

I don't know how to optimize, simply not big textures, not superdetailed asphalts and no thousends of objects...

EVO

I see that now.  Its so simple but so amazing.  the 3d grass is working perfect.  The 3d grasss represents the acutal grass just how it should be.  in general grass textures almost all look bad for  some reason (no believable depth). The kerbs look like Gran Turismo 5 quality, Amazing. What settings did you use.  in 3ds max, .GRS, and Shader Map Pro?

Ryan Harris

theres no pkz file. just a zip with all files inside  ???