• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Could anyone help us build our kart tracks?

Started by RacingDreamz, February 16, 2012, 06:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacingDreamz

we've actually thought about getting old, unraceable kart frames, welding them to a flat platform underneath them, then hooking up at least a two axis motion motors.  older frames could be had for about 100+ buck, steel platform, about a 100, then the 2 axis another 2000.  with either a 3 monitor system or projector with 60" screen.  if we can remodel the house enough to put at least 3 sims like this in one room, we'll do that. 
thanks for the link.  i like that  :)
Ben Jones
Founder, Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
423-297-7210

maxrod

The dirt track will have to come down lower as this is a mountain, Did not realize it was so high, terrain is very bumpy, bumps had to be removed from the kart track, dirt track will be more suited to rfactor, kart track will be good in krp with the mountain in the back ground.

RacingDreamz

i agree that the krp track would be too hilly up on the upper side of property.  that's why i chose it for the dirt track.  lots of bumps and hills for the off road buggys to climb.  can you make it for rfactor? 
the krp track on the lower end of property, do what you can to it.  make it technical rather than fast.  as this will be a training area.  we will hold events, but no high speed(45+mph) races. 
but do what you can for the dirt.  doesnt matter if its pretty rough.  as long as it's wide enough for at least side by side for buggys.  if you can smooth out the hills a bit that would be even better.  we will be using smaller buggys(10+hp) on this in real time.  but for sim, we'll be using rfactor baja buggys for training. 
whatever you can do, i'm sure, will be great.  :)
Ben Jones
Founder, Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
423-297-7210

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

RacingDreamz

Ben Jones
Founder, Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
423-297-7210

EVO

May 14, 2012, 09:15:27 AM #20 Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:17:25 AM by EVO
Here is the track modeled by MAXROD
objects, trees, ads, lights, etc by me. 
The kerbs may change becuase they are a little large.  Please provide feedback

extract the folder in  C:/ program files  (x86 for 64 bit) / kart racing pro/ tracks

if you dont have a tracks folder create one. Add on tracks do not work for the demo

Enjoy. Cheers to Maxrod for great model with Nice smooth terrain and scenic mountain backdrop

http://oron.com/f3epz4nq9vyx

sorry if anyone does not like ORON my dropbox is having trouble uploading large files

maxrod

RacingDreamz

Racing Dreamz will be moving into it's new office soon.  At that time we'll purchase the license for KRP.  Cant wait to download this wonderful track specially designed for us. 

A GREAT thanks to both Maxrod and EVO!!!    :)
Ben Jones
Founder, Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
423-297-7210

dibu

Thanks for the new track Evo and Maxrod. :) I just tested it and it's fun to drive, quite fast with tricky corners.

Small problem - this is the only track where I have to change my standard graphics settings (all details full).
I have to disable 3D-gras to get an acceptable framerate. With 3D-gras on, the fps drop from >250 to 50-60 fps.

My system:
Win7-64
I7-2600K, 16GB
AMD HD6870, 1GB

EVO

May 14, 2012, 09:33:52 PM #24 Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:24:52 PM by EVO
I dont know how to make curbs. so i left them the way they were.   I am really just a texture guy.  Schwoni said he would do them when he has time. Is there an easy way to shrink them? and still hold the shape of the turn?

On my machine I get the same performance i do at Lonato or Essay  60fps on straights 30fps in corners.  I can try to eliminate more colidalbe objects and polys to improve frame rate

307,000 polys
189,000 verts

I will try to lower the count and texture resoltuion where it still looks good

dibu

Wait for the feedback of others, maybe it's only at my system. When I drive, 3d-grass doesn't really matter for me. I was only wondering why disabling 3d-gras makes such a difference at this track.

EVO

its lots of grass maybe.

But its a thin blade texture, so it needs alot look right.

max_density = 150
height = 0.1
height_diff = 0.025   
width = 0.1
width_diff = 0.025
texture = grasdetail_a.tga

maxrod

You can scale the kerbs with the scale transform, uniform scale, offset: world.

EVO

Sam

HOW DID YOU TEST THE TRACK I CANT DOWNLOAD

Falling for kk like