• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:36:56 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

European League archive

Started by laraarsa, January 30, 2012, 04:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laraarsa

Thanks for posting that in the right thread  ::)

laraarsa

April 03, 2012, 06:29:48 PM #151 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:47:22 PM by laraarsa
Updated

Diddy4957

sorry i was reading this one when i remembered so this is where i wrote it

laraarsa

SteeCZ

April 03, 2012, 07:14:56 PM #154 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:47:15 PM by laraarsa
But April 14th is Saturday !!! :)

Stark

Going to be fun. But i have a bad feeling about this. We still have some stability issues and so many drivers at the same time, its going to be crazy. I think that in the future, when the real championship starts, we will probably have to divide drivers in to different classes depending on their driving skills (or location). Lets say 8 drivers in each class. Just an idea. But lets race first and see what happens.  :)
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

Diddy4957

the racing problems seem to come in with a room with 6 people in, so 20 is going to be mental. Also at the start with so many people there are going to be problems getting everyone through the start procedure without getting disqualified, we proved this in "wills fun race" when it took 8 of us about 10 attempts to make a start with more than half getting through. Lonato will show any problems with the game though

PiBoSo

Quote from: Stark on April 03, 2012, 10:54:58 PM
Going to be fun. But i have a bad feeling about this. We still have some stability issues and so many drivers at the same time, its going to be crazy. I think that in the future, when the real championship starts, we will probably have to divide drivers in to different classes depending on their driving skills (or location). Lets say 8 drivers in each class. Just an idea. But lets race first and see what happens.  :)

Sorry for the OT, but: could you please create a new thread to give more information about the stability issues?

Hansen24

I cant the 13th... I am heading to danish kz2 championship the evening before and im first home on sunday....
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

laraarsa

April 05, 2012, 05:46:00 PM #159 Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:46:28 PM by laraarsa
Daniel Buck signed-up. That's a shame Hansen.

Josi

I hope you'll make a video of race!
For all of us can't race  :'(

Schwoni

We can try this but it didn`t work with 24 the problem is that we all are from different countrys. i`m from germany and i know that guys from Belgium and netherland for example have a really good ping and no lags.
Australian guys have a ping of 400+ and that`s not the server this is only because so much distance between Germany and australia.
Larassa,TheIcemanMarco, LucaVT250, Tubefactor, Stark,Nitrox and i could drive on my or a german server there i know that it work. Sambo 72 for example is a guy which have a ping of 420 at my or german servers and will make it laggy and this is the problem. We have to split in regions.

laraarsa

I understand the problem...
If you have a high ping I think it's best to leave. I'm sorry to the guys who can't race due to this problem.
I hope PiBoSo could fix the joining problem.

SteeCZ

Quote from: Schwoni on April 06, 2012, 06:03:29 PM
We can try this but it didn`t work with 24 the problem is that we all are from different countrys. i`m from germany and i know that guys from Belgium and netherland for example have a really good ping and no lags.
Australian guys have a ping of 400+ and that`s not the server this is only because so much distance between Germany and australia.
Larassa,TheIcemanMarco, LucaVT250, Tubefactor, Stark,Nitrox and i could drive on my or a german server there i know that it work. Sambo 72 for example is a guy which have a ping of 420 at my or german servers and will make it laggy and this is the problem. We have to split in regions.

I thought that it is EUROPEAN league. So we probably are all from same region :)

dibu

Like Stark and Schwoni, I also have a strange feeling with 24 karts racing together.
It's only a test and it's Friday 13th, maybe you have luck and it works.
AFAIK there was no test with more than ten people so far.

Since some weeks I'm hosting 10 - 14 servers for GPBikes. Here are my experiences:
Each driver at the same track increases the CPU load (I7-2600) about 3-4% and the memory about 1%.
With 24 drivers the CPU Load of my system would increase to >75% (in theory). Memory shouldn't be a problem.

The server's bandwidth usage is about 90 Kbit/s per user, receive /send rate is about 2/1. This means 60 Kbit/s download and 30 Kbit/upload per user.
For 24 drivers we need about: 1,5 Mbit download / 750 KBit upload. The ping time may not increase significantly at this load.
I noticed that the ping of some lines increases from <40 ms to >100 ms if there was much load on the line while running a KRP server.

The real problem will be the ping times of the different drivers. If only one driver has a bad ping, the whole server will lag.