• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:25:14 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta6

Started by PiBoSo, March 28, 2012, 10:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwoni

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on March 28, 2012, 04:16:48 PM
It's a shame I've no time to test it at the moment. :( But Schwoni, do we need look for new best setups? Or does ours still work very good?

We can forget our setups but the default setup now is really good. Some really small adjustments and i drove with the kc3 in lonato the fastest time ever :) a 43.34  in b5 43.47 was a damn fast time, so no problem i think. Only get used to the new feeling but it is much better and take 30 laps and u have best times again :)

johan84

Quote from: Schwoni on March 28, 2012, 10:23:48 PM
Quote from: The Iceman Marco on March 28, 2012, 04:16:48 PM
It's a shame I've no time to test it at the moment. :( But Schwoni, do we need look for new best setups? Or does ours still work very good?

We can forget our setups but the default setup now is really good. Some really small adjustments and i drove with the kc3 in lonato the fastest time ever :) a 43.34  in b5 43.47 was a damn fast time, so no problem i think. Only get used to the new feeling but it is much better and take 30 laps and u have best times again :)

"default setup now is really good" really?   in beta 6 the setup is goog?..... ODE internal error in testing offline mode disappear forever?

Sam

schowni was flying in his server when he turned the corner

Falling for kk like

Aritz

Quote from: SAMBO72 on March 29, 2012, 01:59:29 AM
schowni was flying in his server when he turned the corner

That is because of high ping, are you australian?

Ryan Harris

I would really like to see some footage. Seeing as i do not have KRP yet, could someone please make a YouTube clip of the features included in Beta6.

Cheers. Ryan.

Sam

Falling for kk like

Atom1kk

March 29, 2012, 11:15:00 AM #21 Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:36:05 PM by Atom1kk
yeah!!! the sudden oversteer by going out of corners is gone(after little setup tuning). 8)

Sam

cant fix the come in to the corner goes in good then pooshes and the turns again when i went to new tyres i changed a little but most the same

Falling for kk like

Nitrox

Did some laps with the new Beta: I think it's amazing :)

Physics is a lot better than before. The kart is more controlable and stable. If you drive on low grip, it no longer leads to unexpected spins but to controlable drifts. If you are really too fast, spins still happen. Further more, now the way the rear starts to slide when you brake too hard is really realistic (and controlable). Braking is a bit more difficult than before, but really realistic. Great!

The new gearbox works very good for me. It is possible to shift very fast, but it is still not too easy. What I like most is, that there is no more gap in torqe when upshifting very quickly (before it felt like there was some kind of auto clutch during shift). Great too!

Also I have the feeling that the game runs a bit faster (especially when racing on badly modelled tracks with much polygons).

Starting setup for KS1 is good now too :)

Really curious about online racing, but no one online atm^^

The downside: could anyone try starting Toowoomba Beta? It loads the track and I can choose a setup, but when I go to track or replay, kart.exe crashes. :( I regret this, because I wanted to test the FFB fix...

Concerning the new FFB I think that auto-centration could be a little bit stronger. Still good to drive tough.

Thank you PiBoSo, great work!

PiBoSo

Quote from: Nitrox on March 29, 2012, 03:41:28 PM
Also I have the feeling that the game runs a bit faster (especially when racing on badly modelled tracks with much polygons).

You are right. Collisions' code has been heavily optimized, and a dynamic track surface bug was fixed, too.

AJ Motorsports

Hi. Iv'e just downloaded beta 6 (clean install) but I can't play it. I open the krp application and it comes up kart.exe has stopped working and I have to close it.
I tried opening it about a dozen times but the same happens every time.
Any ideas?

Aritz

Quote from: AJ Motorsports on March 29, 2012, 06:21:30 PM
Hi. Iv'e just downloaded beta 6 (clean install) but I can't play it. I open the krp application and it comes up kart.exe has stopped working and I have to close it.
I tried opening it about a dozen times but the same happens every time.
Any ideas?

Did you delete PIBOSO folder from My Documents?

tubefactor

QuoteAlso I have the feeling that the game runs a bit faster (especially when racing on badly modelled tracks with much polygons).

+1
Amsterdam Indoor: FPS issue solved, great patch... :D
When it looks fast it usually goes fast....

EVO

Quote from: tubefactor on March 29, 2012, 08:17:36 PM
QuoteAlso I have the feeling that the game runs a bit faster (especially when racing on badly modelled tracks with much polygons).

+1
Amsterdam Indoor: FPS issue solved, great patch... :D

Indeed it is
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

There is no doubt, the kart handling is better :)

I 've edited the default set to less rear grip and less caster and the kart is very fun to drive. I wish to have better rear control when the tyres loose grip but I like the new beta :D

The shifter engine has a lot of RPM, doesn't it? 18000 is too much I think... I never see such madness. Once, at the Zuera WSK, First kart engine mechanic, got 16500 max RPM and the people around were stonished!