• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:37:48 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track Building FAQ

Started by evo1087, March 06, 2012, 08:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

March 06, 2012, 08:13:12 AM Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:41:45 PM by EVO
LINKS TO COMMON QUESTIONS
STARTING LGIHTS by EVO 
CORRIDORS MINI TUTORIAL by Aritz 
  2d and 3d trees by EVO
  Slowdown issue
  GTR2 to Rfactor to KRP by EVO
  Rfactor to KRP by Racehard and Schwoni
  Asphalt bump map for dynamic groove by Nitrox
  Shadows
  Puddles  by Aritz
  3d grass
  Skydome by Aritz
   Texture blending by Aritz

Shaders Bump and Specular

Shininess Value for .SHD file
Thalenberghen
A value of 0 gives the highest level of shininess and when increasing the value the "shine" disappears slowly.
You need to test a bit with the values, but for me a range of 3-12 depending on the specular map gives pretty good results
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

First of all, thanks for the help!

I hate doing kerbs, I want to do them in BTB. Any tutorial? I like the BTB tutorial way (http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/videos.aspx "Tricks/Ripple Strips") but maybe it is another better way. How do you do them?

Cloudheaven

Thank you so much for this guideline! I support the question of Aritz!
I'd like to know how to do good 3D modeled "positive" kerbs!

EVO

Robby i hope its okay i post your great video tutorial on kerbs?
Basically what he does is makes a detailed line with the undulating of the kerb, then he lofts it to get an undulating surface, then uses a path deform modifier to follow the shape of the turn.

http://www.mediafire.com/?aq3l24gckd31d43

Aritz can you explain how add detailed rubber marks on the track in MAX?

Aritz

Quote from: EVO on March 06, 2012, 04:47:02 PMAritz can you explain how add detailed rubber marks on the track in MAX?

No, I can't  ??? I did them with BTB

EVO

okay but when you intergrate it into MAX how does it look in matieral editor?  Is it part of the corner mapping
or a seperate map in another channel like puddles?

Aritz

Quote from: EVO on March 06, 2012, 05:15:52 PM
okay but when you intergrate it into MAX how does it look in matieral editor?  Is it part of the corner mapping
or a seperate map in another channel like puddles?

It is an object, a WALL, and I see them white because they use alpha channel

Aritz

More questions:

-How to map textures. I want to choose the texture size and angle in one or more polygons.

-How to blend more than one texture in those polygons. I want to use the blend for the terrain, my track has not a perfect grass nor the same sand type.

maxrod

Roby your way of building kerbs is the long and complicated, easier to rendering your line same thing in lot less time, The best place to map textures is 3dsmax you can cut ploys or you can uwrap uvw, you will need to look for tutorials on unwraping as it can be complicted, But when you know how to do it it is quite easy, Then you can use photoshop to put in textures.

robby

maxrod can you do a tutorial on it for all of us
thx in advance
robby

maxrod

I can't do a tutorial like your's but i will try to explain, It is just a option as we all have or own ways and i don't mean that yours is wrong as it is not, It is for some people just a bit complicated,In splines use line select object, vertex right click, Bezier adjust as needed, as in your tutorial, Under lines pick rendering, enable in renderer tick, enable in veiwport tick, this gives simple curb. Or if you want a shape to the curb you can use the sweep modifier, It just take some playing with.

robby

thanx a lot m8
im glad the comuniti is helping wan another

thx maxrod

regards robby

EVO

March 11, 2012, 07:59:37 PM #12 Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:09:58 PM by EVO
robby can you explain how to made the grass to sand fade on your track, i didnt quite understand it the first time you explained it to me.  I think this will help Aritz too

Schwoni

he have done a plane and the sand texture is a alpha channel texture

EVO