• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:53:27 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Graphical telemetry

Started by jarowww, January 10, 2012, 11:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarowww

New version uploaded!
Well it isn't tested as well as it should be (there was lots of inner changes) but it should work.
I think this is last release because if i understand correctly piboso contacted "AIM" and we will have their professional telemetry.

Changes:
- Lap browser window (File/Lap browser)
  - allows faster management of available sessions data
    (more complex explanation will follow)
- Add latest option(File/Add latest)
  - adds most recently created file
- Session Info (Add/Session info)
  - information about session that don't fit anywhere else
- Sections (Add/Sections)
  - splits all loaded laps into multiple time sections
    (more complex explanation will follow)
  - essay short sections file added
  - sections editor (right click menu/Edit)
    - to start editor at least one lap need to be selected
- project and settings file format changed

Josi

dibu

Thank you very much for your work, the new version looks very good.  :)
How can we generate the inside, outside, kerbs and sections XMLs for other tracks?

jarowww

Well i think i will add couple tracks but still it need to be done by hand.
I automated it a bit by writing program that reads track editor program memory and saves data to xml. But still you need to travel with mouse cursor around track pressing button to save sample. If you want i can post it but first i need to see if it works on other pc.

dibu

If possible I would like to have it. With all the WIP tracks it's good to be able to create new XMLs.
Thanks in advance.

LooseEqualsFast

I wonder would it be easier to write something that will convert the .xls files from KRP to AIM Race Studio DRK files and just use race studio to analyze the data?
KZ: WildKart Warrior | TM K9B | Hoosier Tires
Formula A: Tony//Kart Extreme | Vortex VR-98

dibu

Quote from: LooseEqualsFast on February 29, 2012, 06:41:15 PM
I wonder would it be easier to write something that will convert the .xls files from KRP to AIM Race Studio DRK files and just use race studio to analyze the data?
That's why I proposed to have a look at existing analysis software some weeks ago.
But if PiBoSo signed with AIM, I guess there will be a new way of telemetry with direct .drk output instead of .csv and hopefully a map management with .mp files.

jarowww

So AIM telemetry allows for map creation? Maybe someone can provide some samples. I don't think that format is open but just maybe it's easy to understand. But i think that they will provide soft or at least piboso creates something (if he gets file format).

dibu

I don't think it's possible to draw the track limits like in your tool.
Here you can find some manuals
http://www.aimsports.com/support/manuals.html

jarowww

Ok i think i get it. It creates map is similar way to Motec. I thought it may look like performance tools circuit overlay.

jarowww

update:
Added track boundaries and sections for default krp tracks

LooseEqualsFast

March 01, 2012, 10:45:57 PM #41 Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:48:01 PM by LooseEqualsFast
Quote from: jarowww on February 29, 2012, 10:58:57 PM
So AIM telemetry allows for map creation? Maybe someone can provide some samples. I don't think that format is open but just maybe it's easy to understand. But i think that they will provide soft or at least piboso creates something (if he gets file format).

To clarify, I wasn't trying to diminish your efforts if that's what it sounded/read like.
The AIM Race Studio software can draw a track map using the GPS channel from their newer hardware, or on their older stuff it can draw the track using the lateral G and speed/distance channel. It works quite well.

If you download race studio from AIM (its free) it comes with some drk files included for you to play with.
http://www.aimsports.com/products/race-studio/downloads.html

jarowww

QuoteTo clarify, I wasn't trying to diminish your efforts if that's what it sounded/read like.
The AIM Race Studio software can draw a track map using the GPS channel from their newer hardware, or on their older stuff it can draw the track using the lateral G and speed/distance channel. It works quite well.
No i didn't receive your post in that way. I also want to use professional tool. In your first post you proposed idea of converting xml to AIM files. To do that i would need file format used in their tool. I'm guessing it's impossible to just get this info (without some sort of agreement with company like piboso is doing). But just maybe format is so simple that it is possible to write converter. So i was trying to get info about 2 things. First is it possible to create map in this soft, you are saying that it can be done with GPS data. Second can soft receive data from separate file. Now if it can and i would get some sort of example file maybe it would be possible to replace data points with data form krp tracks.

LooseEqualsFast

Here's a .drk file from race studio. I don't think this one has a GPS channel...
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/66986434/file.html

dhill

Sorry guys, I didn't saw "TelemetryAnalyserPlugin_KRP.dll" in attchment Zip.
pls help, thanks