• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Could anyone help us build our kart tracks?

Started by RacingDreamz, February 16, 2012, 06:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacingDreamz

Racing Dreamz Foundation is a non profit in the U.S. that helps disaffected kids by offering them a better path in life thru kart racing. Currently we are looking at 90 acres to build our compound on. We plan on a sprint track about 1.25 miles long and an off road kart track about 2.25 miles long. We need someone to build our two tracks, virtually, then export to rFactor or Kart Racing Pro. I want to make videos of the tracks so we can present them to potential sponsors. Also the person with the land may donate the use of the property. I want to show him, thru rFactor, or Kart Racing Pro, what we would be building. i have the GPS coordinates to the Google Satellite image of property. If anyone could please use us, that would be great. If you are in the U.S., I can send you a receipt for your time and labor and you can use it as a tax write off.
I have tried using Bob's Track Builder and I actually dont have the time to sit down and try to figure it out. I dont expect a whole lot of scenery or anything like that. Just two simple course's, asphalt and dirt, to show sponsors. If anyone can help, please let me know at:
www.racingdreamz.org
ben@racingdreamz.org
423-297-7210
Thank you very much
Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Founder, Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
423-297-7210

EVO

I would volunteer! but im not the most expert track maker.  There are far more qualified guys here, race department forums, and Racesimdepartment

I would gladly make some beautiful textures for the tracks, which i am pretty good at
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

maxrod

Send me the coordinates, Do these tracks exist in real life, can you explain more.

RacingDreamz

These tracks, while not real, yet, will be built.  I do plan on using both rFactor AND KRP for the sim training before the kids get into the karts. 
36 17'37.07" N
82 57'45.25" W  1214 Elev

This is the property that the owner is deciding now if he can donate the use of the property to us.  It runs from the street to the top of ridge.  Just below the first pond on the middle right, there is a fence across.  The sprint track will be below that fence row.  The off road track will be above in the more hill and wooded section. 
Once we can provide a video presentation to the owner, plus other potential sponsors, we can build the tracks per spec.  The designer of the track will get full credit and a receipt for their time and labor so then can use that for their taxes. 
But anyone or group can work on this.  We just need the sim tracks built for us so we can provide a realistic view of what the Racing Dreamz Foundation compound would be like.
I cant tell you how much we appreciate anyone volunteering to help us and the kids. 

The attached image is a very rough estimate draft I drew up on a Google satellite image.  Tracks do NOT have to be patterned after this.  Sprint track, I would like, should be at least 1 mile in length, off road at least 2 miles.

Thank you!!   8)
Ben Jones
Founder, Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
423-297-7210

maxrod

Would the off road track be like this with dirt base, have you got any ideas of the pit area, buildings ect.

RacingDreamz

yes, that would be the dirt track.  traction= very loose.  the pits would be below on the bottom right, across the fence.  i could not follow the terrain very closely when i first laid this out.  you have free reign to finish it.  just remember, these will be kids, ages 8-16, racing off road karts on this, so dont make it 'too' extreme.  :)
sorry it's taken so long to get back.  too many irons in the fire.  thanks again. if other questions, please feel free to email or reply here.  i'll be checking all night.
Ben Jones
Founder, Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
423-297-7210

RacingDreamz

pit area would be at bottom, below the long stretch(start finish).  lookout towers could be scattered all over we we plan on having camera's at these locations for upstreaming the races and events.  please feel free to put your advertising there.  other advertising, if you would, place billboard/banners for Toyota of Kingsport and Lexus of Kingsport,  give me your email and i'll send some of our smaller sponsor logos for other advertising.
if you follow the trail from that area in the dirt track area, to the road in front, there is a house(will be converted to office/sim training), 2 barns and a lean to shed.  on the far right of the property, going up from the road all the way to the fence, that is the parking/pits for both sprint track and off road.  a service road(s) can lead to both tracks. 
Ben Jones
Founder, Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
423-297-7210

EVO

hey maxrod want to team up to help Racing Dreamz?  I will make what ever textures you need. I am also a great building, object modeler, So i can to that too.

maxrod

I dont mind, If you want to start to build what you want then we can put it in the track, It will save me time as i have other commitments, As you can see i have only started on the ground.

RacingDreamz

I dont know how to thank you guys enough.  It's really starting to look like it's going to come together.  Please be sure to ad your own personal touches to it.  Put your names on it.  :)
Also, if you can, visit our website and see what the programs are.  The William(Bill) Ross Off Road Program and the Todd Murray Sprint Program.  These two guys were some of my best friends, some 35+ yrs ago.  Both got killed in auto accidents in their teens.  Both loved racing but never had the chance to pursue any type of racing themselves.  So if you can, place an entrance to both parts of the tracks with some type of signage with their names. 
Again, I cant thank you guys enough.  When we get it actually built, both of you will be our guest, anytime, to drive the tracks.  :) 
Looking forward to seeing how this comes out.   8)
Ben Jones
Founder, Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
423-297-7210

EVO

I can do trees, buildings, gates, fences, people, banners,flags,  etc.  textures and models once they'e done i send them you you or do you or do you want to send me the track when you complete and i take it from there? IF you send me a roughly done track i can start putting objects then you can just merge them in,  in MAX.  I'll start with the white headqaurters building I saw in the photos. Racing Dreamz how do you plan on renovating the HQ house? so that i can take it into accound when i model and UVW unrap wit (sweet textureize)

RacingDreamz

well mainly, we're just going to repair the house and renovate it into an office, etc. you can 'redo' it anyway you want.  take out windows, cover the bad boards on side, etc. put our logo on side of house to cover all the bad, whatever. any color you want to use for house.  or, if you have a similiar style bldg, use that if you want.  we may have to demolish the current building.  depends on how bad the damage really is.  also, what i thought about, along the bottom of sprint track, next road, all along the road, can you install a privacy type fencing but with advertising banners, etc.  if you want, you can go to our 'partners' page and lift any logos you want.  but mainly use the toyota themes.  this is who i'm really going to push for sponsorship. 
Ben Jones
Founder, Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
423-297-7210

EVO

I can make the model of the house piece of cake. I think the racers will really driving up close to it in game so the UVW unwrap texture will suffice.  I have several I added to the Lydd track and the look pretty good. just boxes for the sides of the building and a short wider box fo the roof.

So i could pretty much make it photo realistic if youd like with your logos on it of course

RacingDreamz

sounds good to me.  this will be a marketing tool, so whatever you feel would look good to potential sponsors of a non profit youth karting organization, lay it on it.  :)
once it is all finalized and everyone is happy with what they've done to it, we'll try to drive it and see how it goes for training.  if any adjustments need to be made for driving, we'll see what happens then. 
i just downloaded the beta 5.  i can drive virtually any sim vehicle, but i have to say, my wife did better at the testing 'demo' than i did.  :)
Ben Jones
Founder, Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
423-297-7210

EVO

February 19, 2012, 07:40:33 AM #14 Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:43:59 AM by EVO
you guys should build something like i did. really emerse the kids in the simulator so they have a good sense of what they should be expecting.  Still have the work out the finish look, display, and *buttkicker" kart rumble system.  Would like also to add head tracking (Freetrack, DIY LED dogle, and $20 ninitento remote as camera) to make racing close easier.  http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1385.msg9836#msg9836

The simulator has only cost me for the cables and clamps so far. I had everything else