• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:47 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

February 02, 2011, 03:34:11 PM #15 Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:33:12 PM by Aritz
More questions (sorry, I am begginer in this complicated 3D world)

-I have to create wet asphalt texture. I understand that you are saying that I have to "paint" the tarmack imitating the usually pools on track (yes, I have to paint the rest of the track darker and then the pools will be the mirrors)
-What else? I see when I see my track in map viewer that on rainy day everything is dark / grey, so what else I have to paint or modify?

-I still don't understand the meaning of "concrete" or how to use it. EDIT: I was confused with the other meaning of concrete, something like "precise"... sorry!

-I have renamed all the fences to WLLFENCE_object(x) but I still can pass through them without collide, what am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on February 02, 2011, 03:34:11 PM
More questions (sorry, I am begginer in this complicated 3D world)

-I have to create wet asphalt texture. I understand that you are saying that I have to "paint" the tarmack imitating the usually pools on track (yes, I have to paint the rest of the track darker and then the pools will be the mirrors)
-What else? I see when I see my track in map viewer that on rainy day everything is dark / grey, so what else I have to paint or modify?

-I still don't understand the meaning of "concrete" or how to use it.

-I have renamed all the fences to WLLFENCE_object(x) but I still can pass through them without collide, what am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help

To define puddles, please look here: http://tools.piboso.com/index.php/Track_Creation_Rules#Textures

The correct prefix for wire fences is WLLWIRE

PiBoSo

andri

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 05, 2011, 08:45:26 PM

Tools manual updated to add some info about camera editing:
http://tools.piboso.com/index.php/Track_Editor#Place_Trackside_Cameras

Thank you Piboso. This will be usefull for us who build a track.

Aritz

Can we use DASPHALT or EASPHALT for less grip?

Racehard

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 29, 2011, 07:13:10 PM

If, for example, your asphalt texture filename is ASPHALT.TGA and the wet asphalt texture filename is ASPHALT_RAIN.TGA then you need to create a file named ASPHALT.TXT with the following text:

asphalt_rain.tga

and export MAP file.
The same applies to start lights, with a TXT file for each light.

Hello PiBoSo,
can you pls tell us how we can create puddles which occur at random spots on track? (If we just paint a puddle onto the rain texture, it will be all around the track in regular distances which is not what we want to achieve)...
And how do puddles have to look like in the rain texture?

And I am sorry but I don't get what you mean with "export map file", I thought just put the rain texture file and TXT file in the tracksfolder?

Thank you very much for your help.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on February 08, 2011, 03:43:44 PM
Can we use DASPHALT or EASPHALT for less grip?

No. Please wait for next build. It will feature tuned grip levels.

Snappe

February 09, 2011, 12:04:53 AM #22 Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 12:06:39 AM by Snapper
Quote from: Racehard on February 08, 2011, 03:59:54 PM

can you pls tell us how we can create puddles which occur at random spots on track? (If we just paint a puddle onto the rain texture, it will be all around the track in regular distances which is not what we want to achieve)...
And how do puddles have to look like in the rain texture?

To create 'random' puddles on the track, you need to create a puddles texture tga, and secondary UV channel for the tarmac & concrete surfaces.
The puddles map needs to be in the tga alpha channel. For this example, it should be tileable. White areas of the map are reflective, black areas are not reflective.
In 3DS MAX, select all your track surface objects (TRKASPH, TRKCONC, etc) and assign a UVW Mapping modifier.
In the UVW mapping parameters, select Planar. Set length & width to 15m x 15m. Make sure Map Channel is set to 2. By using channel 2, you will not affect your current texture mapping, which is on channel 1.
In the Material Editor, you must assign your puddles texture to the Specular (or Glossiness) map slot of all materials that you want to have reflections.

Click on the puddles texture (seen here in the glossiness map slot), and in the Coordinates section change it to use Map Channel 2.
That's it. Export your .map file and you will see wet puddles in rainy conditions.

Aritz

Thank you Snapper for your help but can you explain it for dummies (like me)?

Schwoni

PiBoSo can you write a totourial for place  the marshalls, please

aireisor

Is it easy to get into track building with no previous 3d or programming experience?  Are there any tutorials to get started?

I want to create my own layouts :)

Schwoni

Yes it is easy i think. http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=196.0 this is the totourial to convert the tracks from rfactor to krp. For your own layouts you have to use Bobs Track Builder.
an then convert it to KRP. Totourials for BTB you find in Google.

aireisor

Thank you Schwoni. Hope it will be easy :)

Aritz

I am going crazy with fence texture... Please Piboso, how can I make the fences visibles from both sides without doing them 3D? I am using a plain wall and only one texture but in game (only in KRP) I only see the fences from one side (fences, bushes, treewalls...)
I had activated 2sided option in 3Dmax but nothing changes, maybe the problem is with the texture itself, how does it have to be?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on March 18, 2011, 08:24:56 PM
I am going crazy with fence texture... Please Piboso, how can I make the fences visibles from both sides without doing them 3D? I am using a plain wall and only one texture but in game (only in KRP) I only see the fences from one side (fences, bushes, treewalls...)
I had activated 2sided option in 3Dmax but nothing changes, maybe the problem is with the texture itself, how does it have to be?

2-sided faces are not supported. The only option is to model both sides.