• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 07:08:32 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Display/Resolution Issue

Started by Marauder15y, June 12, 2013, 06:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marauder15y

Hello KRP fans,

I can't seem to get the resolution I want when I choose it via the options menu. If I change the resolution setting, Anti-Aliasing, etc. my screen goes black and stays that way for a bit. Because of this, I can't access the "Do you want to save your changes?" pop up window. Once that times out, the screen displays the game again, but without the changes I made. It'll keep doing this everytime I want to change the graphics settings. What should I do now?  ???

Low is a lifestyle.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Endless Energy on June 12, 2013, 06:12:27 AM
Hello KRP fans,

I can't seem to get the resolution I want when I choose it via the options menu. If I change the resolution setting, Anti-Aliasing, etc. my screen goes black and stays that way for a bit. Because of this, I can't access the "Do you want to save your changes?" pop up window. Once that times out, the screen displays the game again, but without the changes I made. It'll keep doing this everytime I want to change the graphics settings. What should I do now?  ???

Changing resolution shouldn't take so long. It could a symptom that the graphics drivers need to be updated to the latest official version.
The alternative is to manually edit the file "profile.ini" located in "My Documents"/Kart Racing Pro/profiles/"your profile name" to set the resolution under the "gfx" section.

Marauder15y

I updated the graphics driver, and the problem is gone after a couple of changes when I first start the game. However, it comes back no matter what settings I choose. I'll have to manually override it via the profile.ini. Thank you for the advice!
Low is a lifestyle.