• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 05:30:14 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

New Menus.

Started by Ryan Harris, April 02, 2012, 09:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Harris

I understand that this game has one purpose and it is to be a "Simulator" and I love the fact that PiBoSo is highly concentrated on physics, but i believe that the menus in the game feel very dead and slow. It gives a sort of lifeless feel to it all. Its not a really bad aspect of the game, im used to the menus but i think a different theme would attract more players. Everything is very dark and there are no loading bars to track the progress of loading screens. Its hard to tell if my game is loading or the game has froze. Im not sure if this issue was going to be addressed after beta's were over and done with but i think maybe in the main home screen instead of just a black background, it could be a whole tent setup. Seeing as you have been able to position the driver in a standing stance, maybe you could have other pit crew members located around the pit working on individual parts. Aspects like this could make it more lively. Even when you are at a track but your in your pit adjusting setup, kart engine noises in the background could be really cool. Like GTR Revolution, when in the menus while at a track, background audio of engines and people talking makes it feel very lively. Kart Race meetings are usually very loud and busy so having the background noise would give a different aspect of simulation to the game. Its just an idea and i totally understand if its a last priority aspect.

I love KRP, no doubt about it but in the last couple of days ive just payed special attention and compared menus to other simulator games and i just feel like its lacking in this area.

Ryan.
Aus.

Sam

the menus a very very very slow but the colour is a bit dull but i don't like when the next beta comes out and its not krp like the change of colour is amazingly different but i don't want to go kart racing pro and it comes up with rainbows but the loading needs to be faster I'm sorry but thats the only big let down

Falling for kk like

Ryan Harris

Yeah i know what you mean... i dont really mean change all the colours into rainbow colours, just the background is so dark and dull.

And i totally agree on the speed.

Sam

yer im with you but piboso dont take this the wrong way because you know how some people who build games are like no only atherized people can talk to me well your a guy thats like how is it going, yer i can help, sure i can do that your not like im so speacial look at me so thanks for being like that

Falling for kk like

Buzzard12

I actually kinda like the background, it gives it a raw feel and it makes me feel like I'm working on my kart or I'm in my kart trailer, and there's probably a reason the loading is so slow. It would be nice for a change though

Aritz

I wish to have a progress bar. The interface look is ok for me :)

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Ryan Harris