• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 07:16:10 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

AC to KRP track conversion

Started by chaps15, April 16, 2024, 10:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaps15

Hi,

I've been scrolling around the forum trying to find info regarding the conversion of AC tracks to KRP, and since my only experience with tracks in KRP is building my own using BTB I wanted to ask if this would be possible/easy?

The required track can be downloaded from following link:

https://www.amzs.si/uploads/CVV/Programi/AsettoCorseVransko.zip

If somebody would be willing to do the conversion I would be willing to pay for the efforts.

Thanks in advance!

LXS77

Quote from: chaps15 on April 16, 2024, 10:00:58 AMI wanted to ask if this would be possible/easy?

Hi, yeah, the track can be converted to KRP. You can do it in 3DSimEd, it's basically all about renaming objects and, if necessary, adjusting textures as required by the Track Creation Guide (if you have already done a track in BTB, you are familiar with the workflow).

The only thing is, Mitja Bonca, the author, specifically asks not to modify his work in any way without his permission, so maybe the best course of action would be to contact the guy and talk to him about compiling a KRP version of the track :)

chaps15

Thanks LXS77 for the quick response and very helpful info. I had honestly not read the readme file, so thanks for the pointer. I will try to contact Mitja to get his approval for the conversion. I'll come back in case of any questions. ;)