• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 05:02:01 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track rotation on dedicated servers

Started by Hubschrauber, August 03, 2011, 11:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hubschrauber

In my opinion it would be nice if a dedicated server not just restarts the same track after the race is finished. A track rotation (maybe alphabetical) would be nice.
Maybe also just a optional one with a parameter set in the ini-file. "trackrotation = 1" oder "trackrotation = 0" for example.

Best wishes,
Marian

PiBoSo

Thank you for the suggestion.
Dedicated server setup has been extended.
There are up to 10 "slots" and the dedicated server will use the next one at each restart until it reaches the end and wraps to the first one.
An example:

track = Lonato
track2 = Lonato
track2_layout = Short
track3 = Essay
track4 = Essay

As you can see tracks can be also be repeated.

This feature will be available in next build.

dibu

Nice :)

Are there other features planed for the dedicated server administration?
For example: If I want to change and restart a server, I can't see whether someone is logged in. I have to start KRP and look, if I don't want to ruin a race.

@Hubschrauber
Are your servers stable when an admin-user changes the track from KRP? I had sometimes a dedcated server crash when I tested this feature.

Aritz

Quote from: dibu on August 03, 2011, 06:46:31 PMAre there other features planed for the dedicated server administration?
For example: If I want to change and restart a server, I can't see whether someone is logged in. I have to start KRP and look, if I don't want to ruin a race.

agree  :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on August 03, 2011, 06:46:31 PM
Are there other features planed for the dedicated server administration?

Would it be ok to have the server print a line each time a client connects / disconnects with the total number of active clients?
Or it could print the each status change ( Waiting, Practice, ..., Final, ... )

dibu

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 03, 2011, 07:02:37 PM
Would it be ok to have the server print a line each time a client connects / disconnects with the total number of active clients?
Or it could print the each status change ( Waiting, Practice, ..., Final, ... )

Yes both informations would be very useful. It would be also good to have some infos about the usage of a server. If a server is not often used, I can replace the track with a more attractive one.

For people who organize races it would be good to have an option to decide when replays or other stats are written. At the moment they are only written, if the complete session was finished.

Hubschrauber

Hey PiBoSo!

That sounds great :)
Maybe for a later version a solution for adding the tracks without the .ini would be nice (with some small graphical interface like it's done in the other race-simulation dedicated servers perhaps).

Quote from: dibu on August 03, 2011, 06:46:31 PM
@Hubschrauber
Are your servers stable when an admin-user changes the track from KRP? I had sometimes a dedcated server crash when I tested this feature.

Yes, sometimes our servers also crash on trackchange. But we have addon-tracks on the servers since day 1... So i can't say for sure if it's an overall problem or maybe just track-related ;)

dibu

Quote from: Hubschrauber on August 04, 2011, 11:56:26 PM
Yes, sometimes our servers also crash on trackchange. But we have addon-tracks on the servers since day 1... So i can't say for sure if it's an overall problem or maybe just track-related ;)

That's why I'm still hesitating to make the admin PW for my servers public. ;) I'm waiting for your experiences with the public PW. Thanks for testing it. :)