• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:11:41 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta13

Started by PiBoSo, March 26, 2015, 10:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Kart Racing Pro beta13 released:
http://www.kartracing-pro.com/?page=news

A clean install is strongly recommended.
How to update: http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=3597.0

Please note that download mirrors are always welcome.

Tr!st@n

We've got smoooooke  ;D ;D Thank you very much PiBoSo that was pretty quick, regarding how long Beta 12 needed.
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

Taddzy

Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

Xander Clements

I imagine this was pushed out quickly to get Lotus Karts in the sim, but I am curious. When we will be able to get a new build with multiplayer fixes and improvements? Being able to see more than 12 karts would be very helpful, along with less lag between karts through the connection.

tebbers14

Birel-Rotax 42

Did this change any of the file system, and will mods still work?
Thanks for implementing the exhaust smoke, can't wait to try it out!

Chiimpus

Quote from: Xander Clements on March 26, 2015, 10:38:24 PM
I imagine this was pushed out quickly to get Lotus Karts in the sim, but I am curious. When we will be able to get a new build with multiplayer fixes and improvements? Being able to see more than 12 karts would be very helpful, along with less lag between karts through the connection.

+1 This would be a VERY nice aspect have some development on  ;)

Birel-Rotax 42

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on March 26, 2015, 10:58:48 PM

Also, how is exhaust smoke implemented? Is it based off of an object or a configuration setting with the engines?

Mario Müller

Kart Racing Pro beta13 is not compatible with Win7 64bit!  :-[

PiBoSo

Quote from: Mario Müller on March 26, 2015, 11:39:04 PM
Kart Racing Pro beta13 is not compatible with Win7 64bit!  :-[

Kart Racing Pro is compatible with Windows 7 64 bits.
What error do you get?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on March 26, 2015, 10:58:48 PM

Tyres, chassis and bodyworks need to be updated.

VELOCIPEDE

Ryan Harris

So... smokes only on ignition, and not at low revs? ah that's awkward.

Birel-Rotax 42

Quote from: Ryan Harris on March 27, 2015, 12:30:03 PM
I feel the same way. Was playing around with it and seems like you are going to have to increase the max rpm to ~6500/7500 and you will get the results you are looking for on the starts and everything. That's what I noticed when playing around with it. The nature of the smoke rendering appears to have it set so the smoke is stronger towards the bottom and thins as it approaches the max (calculus equation, such as limit as "X" (rpm value) approaches maximum ax rpm set in config) and it looks to use a parabolic/polynomial equation to determine the drop off. Then again, it could be completely different from that, but that is what I have observed. I personally really like it, and it will be implemented in the Rotax, but overall great work, PiBoSo!

Here are my thoughts:
I really like being able to see more than 100 tracks (or whatever limit was previously set)
The Lotus Kart is spectacular!
The new adjustments in front/rear hubs is good, but why was caster limited to 21 degrees now? It was at 28 before, and worked well.
Overall awesome job!

Now for questions: what is automatic ballast adjustment? How does it function?

Thanks for keeping us up to date and adding awesome content! Keep it up, your work is appreciated!

PiBoSo

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on March 27, 2015, 04:13:59 PM
Quote from: Ryan Harris on March 27, 2015, 12:30:03 PM
I feel the same way. Was playing around with it and seems like you are going to have to increase the max rpm to ~6500/7500 and you will get the results you are looking for on the starts and everything. That's what I noticed when playing around with it. The nature of the smoke rendering appears to have it set so the smoke is stronger towards the bottom and thins as it approaches the max (calculus equation, such as limit as "X" (rpm value) approaches maximum ax rpm set in config) and it looks to use a parabolic/polynomial equation to determine the drop off. Then again, it could be completely different from that, but that is what I have observed. I personally really like it, and it will be implemented in the Rotax, but overall great work, PiBoSo!

Here are my thoughts:
I really like being able to see more than 100 tracks (or whatever limit was previously set)
The Lotus Kart is spectacular!
The new adjustments in front/rear hubs is good, but why was caster limited to 21 degrees now? It was at 28 before, and worked well.
Overall awesome job!

Now for questions: what is automatic ballast adjustment? How does it function?

Thanks for keeping us up to date and adding awesome content! Keep it up, your work is appreciated!

28 degrees caster was not realistic.
Ballast is now automatically calculated and added if the total mass is under the "minimummass" set in each kart.