• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:02:28 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Time to say goodbye :(

Started by GhostriderPl, April 16, 2012, 09:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

i play well KRP in offline with no shadows with P4 3000, 1 Gb and Geforce9400GT 1 gb, buy at least a video card with 1 gb ram

GhostriderPl

April 18, 2012, 10:53:50 AM #16 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:56:22 AM by GhostriderPl
Then the GeForce 8500GT wiht 512MB! is EVEN too slow?  i DONT HAVE MONEY to buy NEW things....i was happy that i can get this from a friend....but when even THIS is too slow then i dont know if this makes sense.....i DONT wanna have the best quality....i can drive with 1024x768 resolution with low details.....only thing what i want is NORMAL driving...

And this isnt possible with this?  :(

For this 1GB Graphics i work here a whole week!
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

oppolo

you could try somthing on ebay, this is only one i found now http://tinyurl.com/c9vdyss

GhostriderPl

April 18, 2012, 11:15:03 AM #19 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:25:10 AM by GhostriderPl
thanks for searching..

But is it impossible to play this game with a 512MB graphicscard?? cant believe it  :(

another problem is that with this card i have to buy another motherboard and ram.....

fucking pc´s!   i wanna play A GAME and have to buy a NEW Pc.....thats without sense.....ill give it a try with this what i got....and when it dont works than i quit with this because there is a real life.....

But thanks for your help.....so many problems for having a little bit fun  :-\

Greetings, GhostriderPL

Nathan Dunnett

A 512 mb card is definitely enough, but in 2-3 years you will have the same problem. Save up a bit of money, do some shopping around and do an upgrade, you won't regret it and it will probably last you another 7 years if you pick the right gear. I know that I could build myself a full PC (minus monitor/speakers/keyboard) more than good enough to comfortably play games like KRP, iRacing, rFactor 2, etc. for less than $1000 AUD, which roughly equals 790 euros. Don't give up on it, save up and build a new PC. It doesn't have to be incredibly expensive with all the latest and greatest stuff to do what you want.

Nitrox

It definitely could work with the new setup. Athlon 64 is faster than Athlon XP (if it is a Dual core (Athlon 64 X2) then it is a lot faster). You do not need 1GB of VRAM, it's just good to look for such things when buying a new card.

Can't you simply test KRP on your freinds setup? Actually a 8500gt can run Call of Duty 4 with low-medium settings from what I remember (system I know of was a Intel Dual Core with PCIe though). Not sure about OpenGL Perfomrence, but I think it should work.

GhostriderPl

I can only test it here because he gave my the motherboard and the graphics card to test it..

I have now vacation (right word?) means some free time and i dont want to sit here and make the pc when it makes no sense....

I thought that this setup would be enough to drive normally on low settings....i was happy to get this...and now people say that i must buy even better things to drive.....i drive only KRP and dont have much time to sit and
drive.....and you say 130 euros....here it is 520zl and thats VERY MUCH money.....For this money i get here a new set of tires!  ;)

Greetings, GhostriderPL

oppolo

Quote from: GhostriderPl on April 18, 2012, 11:48:37 AM
now people say that i must buy even better things to drive....
not exactly, I told you my spec to be able to play KRP offline, you try the pc of your friend and then, if KRP doesn't still work well, you could try a cheap (20-30 eu) video card with 1 giga ram
ciao

Nitrox

Lol having money always depends on what the thing is worth to you, obviously ;)

Give it a try!

oppolo

Quote from: Nitrox on April 18, 2012, 12:08:59 PM
Lol having money always depends on what the thing is worth to you, obviously ;)

Give it a try!

sure. a very good pc for running smouth KRP is a lot cheaper than a real kart  :D

NOP

I'm using GT 240 and this allows me to run on medium settings. This is quite weak card. But it will cost around 170zl. You should look for 512MB DDR5 version. There is no point in having 1GB card if it can't be addressed fast enought to use it. But you may have to change power supply for stronger one (especially if your PC is old).

PiBoSo

There is no need for a 1GB graphics card: 512MB are enough.
With an Nvidia GT 240 it should be possible to use KRP at more than medium settings.

NOP

Well to be precise i can run it on better settings but i want to avoid any slowdowns. Still it seems that there are slight frame rate drops when driving with many karts on track (or maybe this is connected to server slowdown when someone have bad ping).

And piboso i don't know if you are interested but there is youtube weekly show called "This Week Inside Sim Racing" (they get about 10k hits). For next couple weeks they are reviewing unfinished games. And it seems they will mention games like rfactor 2 beta, CARS and (which baffles me completely) KartSim. I don't know how it works but it seems that (maybe) developers contact them so they can mention game in their show.

GhostriderPl

I can only say that i dont look at the quality because when i drive i dont look on the grass or any other stuff.....i only want to drive normally without shattering.....i am not interested in details but pure driving.....when i drive in real then i dont look on birds flying  ;) or on trees.....and in game its for me the same...i dont look if the trees have leafs...when theres something green beside the track then its ok.... ;)

i am concentrating on driving and only wanted to know if this is possible with this PC........on LOW details.......when i can drive without any shattering then i would be happy....thats all  :)

Thanks all for information because i dont know many about PC´s and i am thankful for ani kind of help  :)