• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 11:11:55 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Rev or Speed Limiter

Started by junak333, June 12, 2013, 12:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junak333

When I was driving in some indoor tracks I experience cut of engine power when reaching higher speed. I suppose that 'feature' is for safety reasons in small and narrow tracks.

I have created my nearby track but because of 'no speed limits' in KRP most breaking points are different compared to real track. Combining 'speed limiter' with mini kart could make all indoor karting close to perfection  :).
I believe there might be other use cases for 'speed limiter'.

oppolo

it's RPM limiter (F100 doesn't have it), change your final ratio

junak333

Thank you for hint. I know it is not best place for that question but please, could you point me where I can find RPM limiter? I carefully went through all mini kart options and I could not find it.
While changing final ratio I end up in the range of 95-120 km/h, even lowest range is too high for me..

oppolo

rpm limiter is fixed, but what kart are you talking about?

junak333

I would need such feature at least for  Mini 60 kart (most useful for indoor).
Is it possible to change somewhere in the game config?

oppolo

Diddy4957

Do you want to actually limit the rpm of the engine, as in put a limiter on it therefor reducing the speed it can go?

junak333

Rephrasing it again: after reaching certain speed kart should not accelerate more.
I know it could be achieved by setting RPM or speed limiter. Both options are ok for me.
I do not know though, what is easier to implement in KRP. If it is easier with RFP limiter that is fine.

Clova414

I think he's talking about a governor, like what you would find at a small amusement park with go karts, like top speed of 35-40mph...

junak333

It is more like 'speed-limiter' button used in F1 cars while cruising in pits  ;)

nmpcs

hey junak333, you said that you have created your nearby indoor track.
Can you post a download link? I'd love to try it :)

IceMan11

Quote from: nmpcs on June 21, 2013, 01:50:46 PM
hey junak333, you said that you have created your nearby indoor track.
Can you post a download link? I'd love to try it :)

Yeah. I would love to check it out :D
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen