• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 04:39:07 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Yamaha KT100

Started by evo1087, March 23, 2013, 12:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauZzZn

i guess he is using rhino 5. i think that was the name :D
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Nathan Dunnett

I've just taken all the photos you'll need for a J, do you need any more for the S? I'll probably upload tonight when I get home.

EVO

Are te header and pipe different?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Nathan Dunnett

Very similar but different. I took a heap of photos in a rush, didn't get to take photos of the S pipes but in appearance they are almost the same. For the header pipe, with the J we run 34mm ID, 200mm long (measure along the centreline) where as with the S we run 36mm ID, 160mm long, both of them roughly 2mm wall thickness. For the flex pipe, I'm not sure what the exact dimensions are, but for the J it is around 950mm from the face of the barrel all the way to the end of the muffler along the centreline, and for the S it is about 410mm from the face of the barrel to the weld on the big end of the cone. Flex is something that everyone adjusts for different engines but those are standard measurements for us. The muffler itself, here is the table for the two different pipes. The S pipe looks much the same as the J pipe like in my photos, just different dimensions:

AKA14 = J pipe
AKA39 = S pipe

Here is the link for my photos, I also included the AKA KT100J specifications for other measurements: http://www.mediafire.com/?pcbpxf365qlt8b3

If you are looking for more diagrams or pics, you can check out the AKA rules page: http://www.karting.net.au/rules-forms/rules

EVO

Depending how the s turns out will dwtermine if i do the j

Cory_Hayes

when will this project be finished?

EVO

full dyno and sounds files (that are good to edit)

Arrowjmax4

With the dyno files would you like just one of an average out of box, a more powerful engine even, collection of some?

EVO

I read that a properly tuned kt100 makes a ringing sound. Thats what i wwant. So yes a more powerful one

jd88x89

Here are the pictures of the clutch EVO: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4gk5kfsf2tb1vd/Yamaha%20Clutch%20Pics.zip

That big long black thing that is standing out of the clutch is just a zip-tie to hold all  the disc plates together. Hope this helps

Arrowjmax4

Ok, getting files tonight, would you just like them as a large picture?

EVO

for dyno a chart would be best.  for sounds mp3 from iphone is fine. i did  notice that the iphone picks up some static, so i have my figurescrossed that the sounds are good quality.  IF anyone has any recomendations for videos on youtube with good sound please go ahead and post

Nathan Dunnett

Sam

go pro changes the sound conpletle

Falling for kk like

EVO