• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 05:07:22 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: evo1087 on December 08, 2011, 12:09:30 AM
what are some reazsons TrackEd and MapEd wont open a exported track?

During export, did you select the correct "Type"? "Collision" for TRP file and "Map" for MAP.

EVO

December 09, 2011, 12:55:56 PM #211 Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:59:24 PM by evo1087
yes i followed instruction as closely as possilbe. the file extension would still be different if that were the case
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

maxrod

Are there any errors when exporting, there must be problem when exporting, as i can't open it in mapview, try down loading plugins again as i had a problem after beta4, go through textures make sure there are none missing as it will give error. i am running 32 bit and i am making a track at the min and having no problems but the more i do the more errors i get, will install 64bit but its the time it takes to back up and install everything again.

maxrod

The 3gb option works, But if i run krp  still in 3gb option when i finish and go back to desk top i get black screen saver, I had to run it in that option, as the bigger the track became the less chance it would export, seems to be a memory problem, but when working on the track in 3dsmax it seems to be ok, As you would think it would slow down when rotating or moving the scene.

dibu

December 10, 2011, 03:39:04 PM #214 Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:47:51 AM by dibu
The 3GB option often makes problems with other applications. That's why I wrote to Hansen24 to disable it again after the work with 3DS. I have customers who had to use it for years with Autocad and XP-32Bit. You can try to lower the amount of memory used in 128 MB steps. E.g. 2944, 2816 or 2688 instead of 3072. But best practice is to disable it if not needed.

maxrod

Hansen24

Ive in the progress of converting Dallas karting complex.. but i cant get the pit option to work... i can write all kinds of variables but i cant get the pit to show in trackED...
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

EVO

what do you guys do about 3d grass in the curbs? delete the polygons under the kerbs?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Schwoni

change that material to the same texture but with another name

Hansen24

When im trying to make dallas karting complex i got 2 problems... I cant get pits to show in TrackED, Only if i add atleast 2 pits. And when i try to go track i get the kart.exe error
KZ2

dibu

Can you upload the track?  Maybe somebody else sees the problem.

maxrod

Do you mean that you can't get pits to show in race data or you cant get pits to show becuase of missing texture, if it is data which i think it is make sure centre line is correct as this has been the main problem for most people. post pictures then people can look,it may help.

Hansen24

I cant get the pits to show in race data...

here is the track http://www.mediafire.com/?6q5a4126y16b9v3
here is the trp file without a finished centerline http://www.mediafire.com/?dkklt7vhr0noe6m
KZ2

Schwoni

do u have renamed pitin_TRKASPH, pitout_TRKASP and pit_TRKASPH?

maxrod

i think there is a problem with tracked because when i put your track in there i had no long/lat and track length, downloaded tracked again and works had the problem before, you need to set num pits as it was set to 1, no problems apart from that.