• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 07:21:28 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Yosemite Park LAST BETA

Started by Aritz, August 19, 2012, 05:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Quote from: EVO on August 21, 2012, 06:47:55 PM
the invisible barrier makes the sound of the armco when you hit it but it is very low polygon so the game engine has less calculation to do.
and you can still have the nice gaurdrail behind it noncoliidable and improve fps

aah ok, it is a good idea, but I don't think the armco is a problem, the size of the track is worse....

But what I do need is a softer barrier, something which doesn't broke the kart... I thought to change from WLLARMC to WLLTYRE, which is softer  :P Any better idea? invisible barriers could be a solution, with better shape to avoid bad impacts or something like that

EVO

did you resolve the double sided mesh.  I think that will double FPS if you can fix that.  Can you send me your 3d trees.  I really like them.   You should put some evergreen trees.  I have 2d ones if you want.  The U.S. forests have alot of those in the mountains. what about a dusk version of the track wit the famous Yosemite Firefall?

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

or maybe just a regular waterfall.  into that lake at the bottom.

dibu

Quote from: Aritz on August 21, 2012, 06:55:51 PM
But what I do need is a softer barrier, something which doesn't broke the kart...

Not sure if this is really necessary. I don't think that we will ever run standard races at this track, it's more a hot lap fun. And for hot laps it doesn't matter because if you only loose it a bit and kiss the barriers your lap is lost. It doesn't matter how hard the barriers are, if you have an impact you'll restart anyway.

Please don't make the track too soft. I like it as it is at the moment with all the strange cambers, hard barriers and all the other difficulties. :)

EVO

Quote from: dibu on August 21, 2012, 07:27:47 PM
Quote from: Aritz on August 21, 2012, 06:55:51 PM
But what I do need is a softer barrier, something which doesn't broke the kart...

Not sure if this is really necessary. I don't think that we will ever run standard races at this track, it's more a hot lap fun. And for hot laps it doesn't matter because if you only loose it a bit and kiss the barriers your lap is lost. It doesn't matter how hard the barriers are, if you have an impact you'll restart anyway.

Please don't make the track too soft. I like it as it is at the moment with all the strange cambers, hard barriers and all the other difficulties. :)

yeah just optimize for us med spec PC guys

Diddy4957

ive tried all the download links and it always comes up with connection timeout when i try and play offline  :'(

Schwoni

same here but u can drive online

dibu

I just tried the slower karts but with all that tight corners they aren't so much slower as I thought.  ;D

Diddy4957

Quote from: Schwoni on August 21, 2012, 07:57:10 PM
same here but u can drive online

my game crashes if i try and join an online room on this track

Aritz

August 22, 2012, 06:19:07 PM #69 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 06:33:16 PM by Aritz
did you download the latest update?

Diddy4957

Aritz

the optimization will be ready soon I hope, please wait a bit

Diddy4957

ok thanks, i think its my laptop been too slow to handle the track at the moment

Aritz

Quote from: Diddy4957 on August 22, 2012, 10:16:17 PM
ok thanks, i think its my laptop been too slow to handle the track at the moment

the track is huge, about 8-10 times longer than normal....

Aritz

August 23, 2012, 09:22:43 AM #74 Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:52:58 AM by Aritz
Quote from: EVO on August 21, 2012, 07:06:07 PM
did you resolve the double sided mesh.  I think that will double FPS if you can fix that.  Can you send me your 3d trees.  I really like them.   You should put some evergreen trees.  I have 2d ones if you want.  The U.S. forests have alot of those in the mountains. what about a dusk version of the track wit the famous Yosemite Firefall?

-I deleted most of the double sided mesh and the FPS improvement was remarcable. Besides, more people can play now. The job is not finished though, I have to do what Piboso said, split the biggest polygons.

-I want to change the trees, I want to put sequoyas, I love those trees and Yosemite is full of them  :D

This is me past year, I felt in love that day  ;D

-I will test a dusk version, but I want to keep my foggy one, did you test it? Is quite scary! Piboso should add a new weather option, we need more!  ;D

-Here the trees (which were evergreen by the way ;) )