• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 01:56:00 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Layout editor

Started by Marauder, July 06, 2012, 01:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marauder

Where are the cone and haybale models for the layout editor found? Also can one track have more than one alternative layout?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Marauder on July 06, 2012, 01:12:37 AM
Where are the cone and haybale models for the layout editor found? Also can one track have more than one alternative layout?

The objects are packed in misc.pkz, under "objs" folder.
It is possible to add new objects if needed.
A track can have up to 100 layouts.

Marauder

My KRP keeps freezing when I try to load the short version of the track. I have checked to make sure my race data and rdf file is working perfectly. What is the bare minimum needed in my "short" folder to be able to run the track?

Marauder

Collision file is fine too.

Aritz

Do you have a layout folder inside the track folder with all the files?

Marauder

I have it set up in the same way lonato and essay are. A "short" file inside of the main track file (main track working fine) containing a .rdf .trp .lyt .ini .tl and. tga file of my own making. These are all set up for the short version of the track. The marshal and cam positions I haven't gotten around to yet but they should not matter right? The following is an extract from my ini file. All the file names are short.[tag] except marshals and bestline. I have no idea whats going on. Everything is fine and then krp just freezes after saying "connected". Is there anything I have missed?

[info]
name=VKT short
short_name=Vereeniging Short
length=1130
altitude=1410

[race]
defaulteventlaps=30
reflaptime=35

[ui]
pic_info=short 1_map.tga
author=Marauder
location=South Africa