• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 07:11:25 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Help with lag and DQ problems

Started by Sourpuss, August 23, 2011, 11:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sourpuss

Hi, I'm trying to run a lan game with 10 pc's but have major lag issues which I surely should not have over a local network, also when drivers join the grid for a standing start they are randomly DQ'd even though they have their foot on the brake and are holding the wheel completely still. Could anyone give me any advice on setting up a local network game and any advice on not getting DQ'd?

PiBoSo

August 23, 2011, 06:49:03 PM #1 Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:57:50 PM by PiBoSo
Are you using the "Host Local" button to create the LAN event?
Could you please give the specs of these PCs? Are the graphics drivers updated?
What is the average framerate, on the server and clients?

Sourpuss

PC's are Intel E5200 processors with 2 gigs of mem and either 9600 or 9800gt graphics except for the host which has a gtx460. I used the local host feature but I'm unsure of frame rates etc, I'll do a test and post tomorrow, thanks for the quick reply :)

Sourpuss

PC's are running around 120fps and have the latest drivers installed :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sourpuss on August 24, 2011, 05:34:00 PM
PC's are running around 120fps and have the latest drivers installed :)

Is the framerate high on server PC even with all clients connected?
Could you please describe how "lag" affects the racing experience?

Sourpuss

I've managed to get it running reasonably smooth on local host although there are still drivers getting DQ'd for no reason, the main problems are now the DQ issue ( is there anyway of preventing this?) Karts are very easily damaged (is there any way the damage can be reduced?). The rolling start is incredibly hard to get right without being DQ'd, and the host PC will crash from time to time but all karts are still on track although they can't see each other which means I have to shut the game down completely and restart each pc from the desktop. This is a great piece of software but is very frustrating in multiplayer mode, any help is greatly appreciated  :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sourpuss on August 25, 2011, 04:36:21 PM
I've managed to get it running reasonably smooth on local host although there are still drivers getting DQ'd for no reason, the main problems are now the DQ issue ( is there anyway of preventing this?) Karts are very easily damaged (is there any way the damage can be reduced?). The rolling start is incredibly hard to get right without being DQ'd, and the host PC will crash from time to time but all karts are still on track although they can't see each other which means I have to shut the game down completely and restart each pc from the desktop. This is a great piece of software but is very frustrating in multiplayer mode, any help is greatly appreciated  :)

The anti-jump-start is too sensitive, it will be improved in the next release. At the moment it is mandatory to keep the throttle released and the steering wheel stopped.
Rolling starts only need some practice. But if you want to avoid them, you can use shifter karts.

Sourpuss

Is there any way to reduce the damage, in cockpit view it's very easy to turn into the path of another Kart at the first turn ending your race  :(

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sourpuss on August 25, 2011, 09:30:46 PM
Is there any way to reduce the damage, in cockpit view it's very easy to turn into the path of another Kart at the first turn ending your race  :(

Unfortunately it's not possible.