• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 08:09:56 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

F100 - what is this?

Started by oppolo, March 25, 2013, 02:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

yep, I know for the most people here is a stupid question but, what is this?  :-[
I try to find it in web site of Tony CRG Birel and there isn't, is it an old formula of kart? if so please could tell me something about it?

in all airboxes, also those addon, there are 2 holes, how could cover completely both during air choke?

could you tell me something about air choke, I saw that it is possible also in KF1 (how it can be possible if the right hand has the front brake?) and in KF3, instead is not possible in KZ1, sure the right hand is on the gear stick but also this KZ1 has 2 stroke engines..so...tell me something about this, I don't know anything. thanks

malny

"F100" would be a 100cc category, one gear, replaced in 2007 by KF. is a old kart but still in the heart of many drivers for its lightness, simplicity, and 22'000rpm :o .... brrrrrreeeeeeee
for more technical things I leave to others to answer because I have problems with English .. ;D

Eslotes

This was real karting until they introduced KF1 KF2 KF3 KF4 and rest
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

oppolo

Quote from: malny on March 25, 2013, 03:48:12 AM
"F100" would be a 100cc category, one gear, replaced in 2007 by KF. is a old kart but still in the heart of many drivers for its lightness, simplicity, and 22'000rpm :o .... brrrrrreeeeeeee
for more technical things I leave to others to answer because I have problems with English .. ;D

thank you, you can use your mother language and then I could try to translate with help of google translator

I read something on the web but I didn't find so much, they are without a RPM limiter, were they air cooled? in the game the 3D is modelled like a water cooled.

but the thing now I'm so curious is: is air choke used in modern karts with 2 stroke engines? kf3 kf1 kz1, i use the name in the game

Nathan Dunnett

Formula 100 is the same as Formula A. It was the 100cc class that was replaced by the 125cc KF1 class in 2007. You can get them air cooled but most commonly they are water cooled.

oppolo

Quote from: Nathan Dunnett on March 25, 2013, 09:54:23 AM
Formula 100 is the same as Formula A. It was the 100cc class that was replaced by the 125cc KF1 class in 2007. You can get them air cooled but most commonly they are water cooled.

ok I found this on the web http://www.karting1.co.uk/f100-interview.htm

Nathan Dunnett

The class didn't last long, it's pretty much dead again now over here and has been for a couple of years, too expensive to run. Still awesome to see and hear, 22000 rpm is a really unique sound and I don't think any game or video will ever do it justice. :D

oppolo

Quote from: Nathan Dunnett on March 25, 2013, 10:12:10 AM
The class didn't last long, it's pretty much dead again now over here and has been for a couple of years, too expensive to run. Still awesome to see and hear, 22000 rpm is a really unique sound and I don't think any game or video will ever do it justice. :D

I see is still in your heart
22000 mmm, in the game I pushed the engine only to 20000 mmm, this night I'll try to reach 22000, may be I'll should have to put 3 or 4 of carb

GhostriderPl

Quote from: Nathan Dunnett on March 25, 2013, 09:54:23 AM

I drive this classes in the late 80s and 90s and thats not in 100% right.....at first there were three classes in 100cc.....Ic-A(100cc with Reed Valve), the Formula A (100cc with Rotary Valve) and the Formula Super A (the same as FA but with bigger and another Carburetor , another exhaust system and another things that were free)

At First they all were Air Cooled (because the technic in this times were another) and lately all Water Cooled and FA and IC-A become one class....In Shifters there were another classes too....there were the ICC (125cc and Reed Valve) and the Formula C (125cc and Reed Valve)......The first FA with Water Colled engines were in the German DKM and it was the KZH engine from Mach1.......And because the watercooled with the time become more powerful and not as loud as the Air cooled one all the classes change it....

And 22000rpm did ONLY the FSA...The FA and IC-A did normally up to 20000rpm (not more), the FC to 18000rpm and the ICC like today(KZ classes) at around 16000.....

I could write and write but i dont think that this should be like a Book or something ;) ::)

Greetings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

oppolo

Quote from: GhostriderPl on March 25, 2013, 01:43:12 PM

I drive this classes in the late 80s and 90s and thats not in 100% right.....at first there were three classes in 100cc.....Ic-A(100cc with Reed Valve), the

thank you

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

oppolo

Quote from: GhostriderPl on March 25, 2013, 01:43:12 PM
And 22000rpm did ONLY the FSA...The FA and IC-A did normally up to 20000rpm (not more), the FC to 18000rpm and the ICC like today(KZ classes) at around 16000.....
yep, in KRP breaking engine is at 21000

stall
   {
      RPM = 1600
      torque = 0.035
   }

IdleRange = 0, 0.01, 0.25
   IdleSetting = 0

IdleRPM = 2200

BreakingRPM = 21000

Serega

I dont like create new topics and decided write in this. Why im spinning on F100 whithout any reason (often on the straight) and after that dont can continue to go?

oppolo

Quote from: Serega on March 28, 2013, 07:39:01 PM
I dont like create new topics and decided write in this. Why im spinning on F100 whithout any reason (often on the straight) and after that dont can continue to go?
you broke your engine, search on the threads "carb" and "air choke"