• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 10:48:44 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

meeting point

Started by Cris_Ace, June 02, 2011, 11:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cris_Ace

Older pilots remember that in Grand prix legends we had a chat based meeting point named Vroc,where you could meet the others drivers before getting involved in races and arrange some plays;
(or giving some address to voice chat as team speak or so in example)
what about something like that?
it' would be useful to see when there are people online,better than looking for players on servers;
any ideas accepted 8)

lalmeida

Hi Cris_Ace,

I think Skype would be a great tool for that.
  I don't know if this forum allow us to fill a Skype field (there are ICQ, MSN, etc)
  If so, we could fill it to share among other drivers.
  Any ideas?
  Best regards,

Luiz Almeida

Cris_Ace

yes of course msn and skype are good,but in a chat you could easily known who's interested in race,because he's logged in a kart chat;
sometimes msn show that person online,but you don't know if he's ready to race or if he's just watching youtube  8)

lalmeida

Hi Cris_Ace,

I'm sorry man. I couldn't  understand your idea.  :-[
  OK. We should have something like a chat room just for KRP drivers.
  I'm going to make a research over the internet.
  If I find something, I'll reply here.  :D
  Best regards,

Luiz Almeida

Cris_Ace

well my friend,Vroc was a chat like program that allows to meet drivers before to go racing whit the old Grand Prix legends game;
differently from msn or skype if someone was online in vroc,probably is because wants to play or want to talk about things related to Grand Prix Legends (GPL shortened)
when you find some of our friends online in msn or skype you don't know if this person is online just to play or if he's working/on duty,busy with other people etc...thats' the difference to have a kart-related chat ,cheers  ;)

Racehard

It should be possible to include a chat into this forum, shouldn't it?

I've seen many other forums which do have a chat room.

lalmeida

Hi guys,

I found this chat client: http://www.xfire.com/  :D
  Please, take a look on it.
  After the install, the software try to find games installed on your machine.
  Unfortunately, this software is not able to find KRP (of course, it's not a game)  >:(
  I think that Piboso could try to put KRP avaliable for Xfire. (I think he could to talk to Xfire people)
  What do you think?
  Best regards.

Luiz Almeida

P.S. I'm online on Xfire and my username is luizalmeida

Cris_Ace

I hope to see something useful inserted in KRP,since the servers are almost ever empty...
this simulator really needs a chat...(maybe also a temporary racing chat on this forum also?)

SoupDragon

I agree with you Cris, a great initiative to get things going in KRP. :D

I think what we really need is organized weekly races, or two even per week. :)

I'm hoping more of you will join us at iraceonline.eu and help us to build a KRP racing community together, it will be great fun and the rewards are intense racing with like minded fair drivers.  We have a dedicated server sitting there waiting to have more Kart races! :)