• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:00:39 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

caster

Started by oppolo, June 07, 2013, 09:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

caster goes from 0 to 20 step by 1
should instead we have only 3 position? page 15 http://www.kartingsa.com.au/kart%20manuals/ArrowManual.pdf

Piers Prior

June 07, 2013, 11:08:04 AM #1 Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:09:51 AM by Hispinkness Prior
nah the caster we have atm is fine, the photo shows the tonykart top and bottom caster adjuster which has more than 20 positions total ;)
The world is your lobster

oppolo

Nathan Dunnett

They aren't 1 degree adjustments though, I think they range from 10-16 degrees or something like that. ;)

KZ2_Iceman97

the caster needs to be fixed because there s no way you can get over 20' caster irl as it would be almost impossible to turn the wheel while driving even for the strongest and most fittest drivers, the max anyone could possibly handle is 15'
Cameron Dance  • Marenello KZ2 driver • One of the youngest KZ2 drivers in NZ (16 years of age)
iceshard989 on YouTube • KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter • Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

Nathan Dunnett

I've raced with 20 degrees before, it's not that bad.

KZ2_Iceman97

Quote from: Nathan Dunnett on June 08, 2013, 02:29:31 AM
I've raced with 20 degrees before, it's not that bad.
With a Something like a Yamaha yes it's easy but with something like a Rotax, KZ or KF then it is super hard because 1: your on super stickey tyres and 2: your steering is so much heavier than other karts and to make it worse, if you had 20' caster on the listed above then you wouldn't last half a final driving the kart because you do like 30 lap finals and driving a kart with heavy steering and lots of caster for that long would make you tired and sore from trying to just drive the kart
Cameron Dance  • Marenello KZ2 driver • One of the youngest KZ2 drivers in NZ (16 years of age)
iceshard989 on YouTube • KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter • Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

Nathan Dunnett

It's the larger scrub radius that you need for medium to high grip tyres that makes it harder, I'd never run that much caster now. :D Still though, it is very possible to dial that much caster in. Probably not with standard parts with the Tony Kart or the Birel, but I'm pretty sure the CRG has Sniper adjusters which would give that much adjustment.

KZ2_Iceman97

Quote from: Nathan Dunnett on June 08, 2013, 06:26:07 AM
It's the larger scrub radius that you need for medium to high grip tyres that makes it harder, I'd never run that much caster now. :D Still though, it is very possible to dial that much caster in. Probably not with standard parts with the Tony Kart or the Birel, but I'm pretty sure the CRG has Sniper adjusters which would give that much adjustment.
Snipers are able to be used on any kart, the new multi hole caster adjustments on the new chassis is just an easier way to adjust caster and camber, there is no real difference to using either

Nathan Dunnett

Yeah I know, I just assumed that the game would simulate the karts without modifications (you need to drill and tap new holes to fit Snipers to most other karts). Yes but eccentric bushes don't allow as much adjustment as snipers do, you can dial in more caster with snipers than you can with Tony Kart adjusters for example due to the nature of eccentric bush adjusters.