• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 04:15:45 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

What the heck are we doing?

Started by KCSmoke, August 30, 2013, 06:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCSmoke

August 30, 2013, 06:10:36 AM Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:41:15 AM by KCSmoke
What does this sim need? I love it but what improvements are needed? Better interface? Seems kind of stagnant lately. Hoping for much success for PiBoSo...

PiBoSo

It would be interesting to know from the community what important features are missing for 1.0, and what is needed to make Kart Racing Pro more popular ( aside from physics and multiplayer improvements, that are already in progress, and AI, that is not planned ).

Andreas.L

August 30, 2013, 10:22:09 PM #2 Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:25:04 PM by Andreas.L
I want tonykart and birel for mini60! And I whant a new defoult track. And Update on the big karts (tonykart birel) the newest body work for birel and the new wheel for tonykart..
I am not designed to come second or third. I am designed to win.

-Ayrton Senna ♥

KCSmoke

August 30, 2013, 10:56:54 PM #3 Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:15:17 PM by KCSmoke
From my experience a standing start option would go a long way towards the enjoyment of this sim. I've talked a handful of my friends into downloading the full version of Kart Racing Pro and the penalties during the starts are always a complete buzz kill. They are all iRacing guys and while we enjoy the physics and handling of the sim it's rare if not impossible to get a clean start. So, ideally there would be a simple checkbox to allow a standing start. I realize it might not be realistic or accurate as far as real life karting but there's something to be said for ease of use and lack of frustration. Ideally, this simple little thing would be enough to bring a lot of folks back. For those that want to do the traditional kart start...well there's always that option too.
      You've got to realize that there's a whole world of casual racers out there that would enjoy some less than hardcore relaxed rules. Just hop in a race and go. Some simple qualifying laps to get your spot on the grid...grid...go green and off you go. Simple. Once you get into a race it's a blast but most times someone does something wrong and ruins the experience. Consider also that Reiza Studios are taking a crack at karting and eventually iRacing is coming out with some karting. PiBoSo you already have a huge head start on all of them and I think this is the biggest hurdle for wider acceptance.
       How about a demo with online multiplayer, simple standing starts and limit the demo to only one kart and one track? I think it would be VERY popular. Anyway, love what you're doing and would like to see you rewarded as much as possible for all of your effort. Just my 2 cents. -KCSmoke

Sam

for me i know u said ur not plaining ai......... But seriously this game is getting really big and it needs ai to push it thother

Falling for kk like

Cory_Hayes

Physics and net code...that is pretty much all this game needs.
and maybe more engines/karts.
Rotax
DD2
IAME X30
Yamaha KT100S

FP7 Bodykit
Newer steeringwheel for the Tony Kart

I know basically all of that stuff is mean't to already be getting made but the only thing I have seen actually work is the X30 and DD2...

Cross

I have said it many times. This game needs something to make you play it even when no one is online, ai is not what I am talking about. Look at the races Sim Raceway does. I used to play that game over KRP until the changed and screwed up the physics of the kart. It was fun having month or week long events where you had multiple tries to put in your best run. This was not simple hot lap events they would be races that took about 10 minutes to complete so laps depended on the track size.

Also sacrifice realism for simplicity, less penalties on starts, standing starts, etc. If you keep it how it is and focused on the serious karter you have most likely maxed out on the number of people that will play this game.

I have not played this game in a month maybe closer to two. Hardly anyone is online and there is no need to play it by yourself.

Cory_Hayes

the X30 Hotlap event, that was awesome, they need something like that again. It was sooooooooooooooooo gooooooood, just something that will keep people motivated to play the game

CRGDK37

August 31, 2013, 11:43:19 PM #8 Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:46:01 PM by CRGDK37
For me

1. Update the out of date default skins/karts including new steering wheels for all chassis, graphics, suits, so 2013 including possibly 2014 now new CRG graphics and suit have been released, and also things like the new OTK pedals and stuff like that, little details

2. to have cut through's on rolling up laps to stop you from driving miles around the circuit especially when someone taps you round so you have to do it allll again

3. definitely new FP7 bodywork as so many karts have this now

4. movable rad blinds which all players can see

5 SOUNDS - this is big for me as all karts seem to sound very similar when each engine in real have very distinctive tones/sounds, for instance the KF1 burble when power is applied or the KZ burble when the drivers lift off ( i dont know exactly, ive never driven either of them)
Vortex VLB/w ICA
BMB KGP
CRG KT1b

Kartonero

Quote from: Cory_bro on August 31, 2013, 08:10:12 AM
the X30 Hotlap event, that was awesome, they need something like that again. It was sooooooooooooooooo gooooooood, just something that will keep people motivated to play the game

+1.

KCSmoke

What PiBoSo has to remember (and others) is that not just hardcore karters will be or even should be using this sim. While it's true that the hardcore karter can enjoy it, it's also beneficial to appeal to as broad an audience as possible. Tap into the general sim community. A lot of sim racers have been introduced to karting through watching the movie "Senna" where Senna gets his start in a kart. Reiza Studios is working on a new Senna sim and karting will play a prominent role. So you need to think about your position in the market as far as new customers looking for the most accessible alternative. They most likely aren't a karter in real life, and probably know little about the details of the sport.
     While most(?) of you guys on here have real world experience in karts I think it would be prudent for PiBoSo to appeal to the non-karteres as well. That's where the simplified start idea comes in. I don't think it diminishes what Kart Racing Pro is it just allows a wider audience to appreciate it. Don't get so focused on the intricacies that you forget what the experience might be like for a novice driving KRP for the first time. Even though I got my iRacing friends to buy the retail version of KRP they were turned off pretty quickly by the unforgiving nature of it, they just gave up and are sort of reluctant to try it again. Anyway, the intrinsic beauty of karting is gas, brakes, and driving the perfect line. Don't get so caught up in the details that you make that simple thing overly difficult.

Cross

September 01, 2013, 08:18:38 AM #11 Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:20:28 AM by Cross
Quote from: KCSmoke on September 01, 2013, 07:35:11 AM
     What PiBoSo has to remember (and others) is that not just hardcore karters will be or even should be using this sim. While it's true that the hardcore karter can enjoy it, it's also beneficial to appeal to as broad an audience as possible. Tap into the general sim community. A lot of sim racers have been introduced to karting through watching the movie "Senna" where Senna gets his start in a kart. Reiza Studios is working on a new Senna sim and karting will play a prominent role. So you need to think about your position in the market as far as new customers looking for the most accessible alternative. They most likely aren't a karter in real life, and probably know little about the details of the sport.
     While most(?) of you guys on here have real world experience in karts I think it would be prudent for PiBoSo to appeal to the non-karteres as well. That's where the simplified start idea comes in. I don't think it diminishes what Kart Racing Pro is it just allows a wider audience to appreciate it. Don't get so focused on the intricacies that you forget what the experience might be like for a novice driving KRP for the first time. Even though I got my iRacing friends to buy the retail version of KRP they were turned off pretty quickly by the unforgiving nature of it, they just gave up and are sort of reluctant to try it again. Anyway, the intrinsic beauty of karting is gas, brakes, and driving the perfect line. Don't get so caught up in the details that you make that simple thing overly difficult.

Exactly! Having the current model steering wheel or graphics is not going to attract more people to this game. The focus should be game play. Look how many people play this game when a new update comes out.  Then a few short weeks later very few are playing. This has nothing to do with graphical features on the karts. Out of the 4 online racing sims I have played my favorite game play/races setup by far is what VRC Pro has, next is Simraceway, Iracing comes in third, and KRP last.

Simraceway has a great Quick Race option. They have waiting rooms setup for certain tracks with certain cars. You go into the room and select a race to join. When at least 2 people join a countdown clock starts(2 or 3 minutes cannot remember) when time expires everyone that selected that race joins the server automatically. You get about a minute of practice while everyone joins. Grid is determined by your connection speed. Standing start and off you go you are racing.  No driving around for 15 minutes waiting for qualifying to end. No messaging/begging the two guys just driving around to vote on the poll so you can start qualifying or the race. You select a race and go race.

Cory_Hayes

engines sounds would most likely draw some attention, Im sure a lot of people do it aswell when they get in a new car on a new game they rev the crap out of the car to see if it is any good.

Sam

This sim is for kart practising so stop saying make it more simple because this is all about the little details!!!!!!

Falling for kk like

KCSmoke

I'm not suggesting that we "lose" anything. I'm suggesting that we add options to make it easier on first timers in KRP and those sim drivers that have no idea about the sport but want to give it a go. If you want a fullblown hardcore karting sim then it's there...no worries.   8)