• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 05:52:08 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

KZ1 - rpm limiter ?

Started by oppolo, March 30, 2013, 08:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on March 31, 2013, 04:24:20 PM
so,  >:( have I to adjust carb according the air temp and typology of the track?  >:(

Carb must be adjusted according to air temperature and pressure:
Low temp and sun -> high pressure -> rich carb
High temp and rain -> low pressure -> lean carb

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 31, 2013, 06:09:15 PM
Quote from: oppolo on March 31, 2013, 04:24:20 PM
so,  >:( have I to adjust carb according the air temp and typology of the track?  >:(

Carb must be adjusted according to air temperature and pressure:
Low temp and sun -> high pressure -> rich carb
High temp and rain -> low pressure -> lean carb

thanks a lot!

GhostriderPl

Quote from: Aritz on March 31, 2013, 05:44:59 PM
Quote from: GhostriderPl on March 31, 2013, 09:38:11 AM
@Aritz: thats so not right to the end....
Are you running long distance races or have you a shorter fuel tank or something? I can't understand you really...

I mean that in another way.......Theory ;)  i mean how it should can be ;) and no....I drive in the WC but the distances in Race are enough  ;) ;D
In KZ1 we have it all Limited too but even bigger than KZ2.....There arent free things like in Old FormulaC.
We have the standard fuel tank, but i meant what CAN be done with the engine and thats sad for me....A KZ1 engine COULD have more than 45HP (what we have in Formula SuperA in old times) but its all Limited like in Formula1 where they have in the 80's 1,6L V6 and up to 1500HP(in Qualifying) and now the same engines for 2014 would have 550HP..

But thats another problem in this times and dont fit in this Tread ::)

Greetings, GhostriderPL

If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

EVO

We should have low and high speed needle adjustment. More power band tuning. For  kf1 only the powervalve adjustment for short tracks.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

KZ2_Iceman97

KZ2 & KZ1 have around the same sort of things just that KZ1 can have paddles, buttons, ignition kill(for shifting without lifting off). Both have a massive rev limit but the only way to reach it is if your in neutral or have the lowest gearing on possible. It is possible to reach over 15000 rpm and you will hit that at places with long straight but hitting 18000 rpm while full throttle is physically impossible, even if it is as lean as you can get it, you will seize the engine before you even get near it
Cameron Dance  • Marenello KZ2 driver • One of the youngest KZ2 drivers in NZ (16 years of age)
iceshard989 on YouTube • KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter • Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

Intrepid46

May 05, 2013, 04:22:50 PM #20 Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 04:28:34 PM by Intrepid46
In my opinion and following the CIK rules kz1 and kz2 are the same engines. For example in the WSK Euro, the times between kz1 and kz2 are quite similar.

We can see it in the next links (Results of the qualifying in Wsk Euro Series at Zuera) :

http://www.wskarting.it/results/ES/2013/Round2/kz2_qualifyingpractice_90.pdf?update=7
http://www.wskarting.it/results/ES/2013/Round2/kz1_qualifyingpractice_88.pdf?update=7

However, in old times, there were huge differences between FSA and Inter-a, as now, between KF1 and KF2.

About the max rev in kz1/kz2 (not limit) i think is about 14.000-14.500 in a normal way, speaking of the top engines like: Tec Sav, Galiffa, or the own fabricants -speaking about Tm and Master too-. I have never seen an engine up to this revolutions with gas, but easily this rev go up when you are downshifting.

In order to the HP of the engines, I had heard that the best engines of Tec Sav are close to 50 hp.