• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:09:24 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

[REAL] La Sarrée (WIP 50%) DL Link Updated 11 sept.

Started by FRAOrion, September 07, 2013, 07:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRAOrion

I don't know if I use cambers because I don't know what is it :/ Yeah I want the track to be as real as possible, so different heights etc.
For the overlapped polygons, I don't know how to merge the polygons of different tranks... Thinking it's the problem...
To smooth with Btb, I put all the map at 3.00 (for ex) and then, one node at 5.00 et one at 4.00 (for ex) and then Right clic -> Smooth Selected ... -> Height Only
But as you can see below, the track is not smoothed correctly

Aritz

Your problem seems to be the number of nodes... You should use as less as possible, 3 per corner for example, and no 10.

Delete as many as possible first of all

FRAOrion

Ok so here I have 3 nodes but a polygon is overlaped. The shape of the corner is really hard to do with only 3 nodes without this polygon  :-\ Maybe I did something wrong again?
I tried with new open track and I've got the same problem

Aritz

You have to weld the overlapped vertex wisely.

You will have to do the same with the overlapped polygons. Move the vertex of those polygons until they get welded and then, the overlapped polygons will disappear.

FRAOrion

Here I am, Is that good? Still have little polygons :/

Aritz

Your track is still a mess...

You have to clean up those micro-polygons and this is very very easy with BTB, just move the vertex until they auto-weld. Both track and grass. After the cleanning, you will have to move, delete and fix the overlapped polygons too.

Look a quite clean mesh. You should work until you have something similar (it is not a 5mins job):

FRAOrion

Wow my track was (still) ugly xD Can you explain me how you did this screenshot please? Know it's in tracked but don't know how to zoom like that and see the wireframes :/
I just discovered Camera and Marshall in tracked, so I'm sure I never used it (and I don't know how)

Aritz

it is easy:

Z and mouse to move around
zoom is made using the mouse wheel
and you can see the wireframe choosing it in "draw" option

FRAOrion

Thanks ^^
Ok so I did my corner with only two nodes. It's better but not perfect I think. (I put BtB next to Tracked because the wireframes in Tracked appears when they wants :/)
I've create the grass with BtB and it's not clear as yours. Maybe you repositionned anchor by anchor?
Forget Walltyres and other things I just worked around this corner ^^

Aritz

It is a lot better now but you should use more polygons for corners. I don't remember how it is made in BTB but I think it was panels. I used 5m for straights and 1 or less for corners. Select the part of the track you want to edit and edit this panel value.

The terrain has to be edited anchor by anchor, yes! You can move more than one at the same time, but in the end, you will have to move one by one

FRAOrion

Firstly, I think I have finish with the nodes?  ::)

Secondly, that is what you meant?

Aritz

No, I meant the TRACK panels. The next option after the node editing.

You nodes now seem right, look at the corner, now is smooth! It will be even smoother after you add more panels per meter.

FRAOrion

Of course sorry  :-\ I've put 1 for corners and 5 for straights as you said.

FRAOrion

Ok so .... What is that thing? Is it because I am using lonato's files? How to fix it :/

LauZzZn

yes thats from lonatos files. you can change that in tracked but i cant tell you by rote where to find it sorry. but its pretty easy. btw wheres your gras?
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport