• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 10:35:11 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Simple indoor layout creation?

Started by Feirg Legna, December 20, 2013, 07:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feirg Legna

Hello.

I am a new user evaluating the demo version.

I am a karting enthusiast willing to use KRP for training. I have read thru the forum, do I get it right, that there is no
so far an easy way to create simple indoor karting layouts with some editor? E.g., in LFS there is a rally track where you can move blocks, tyres, barriers etc
to create a simple layout with checkpoints and lap timing.

From what I read here, one has to use BTB to create a track in rFactor format, and then use a tedious routine to import it into 3DS Max, and then export it into
KRP format.

I downloaded the provided "track tools" utils, but can't find my way around them.

The easy layout creating ability is an importang thing for me before purchase decision. We have a number of indoor karting tracks around the city and I would like
to be able to "simulate" them.

Did I get this right, or am I missing something?

DjFIL

Unfortunately it is no where near as easy as LFS to make layouts.  But it is possible.

Someone first would need to make a wide open parking lot, or concrete slab (indoor or outdoor).  With that created it would be somewhat easy with the editor to first place objects (cones, hay-bales, etc) to create the walls, and then draw the layout (center line, with checkpoints, etc).

See http://tools.piboso.com/index.php?topic=7.0 for details.  The section "Add Objects to block off alternate layout routes" would be regarding placing objects... but I don't think the max object number is as high as LFS.  Objects can be easily taken from the original KRP tracks, or you could make your own objects (longer wall sections, etc).  And then "Create a Center Line" is what would define the actual layout/path of the track.