• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 03:30:22 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Beta 9 - Mini 60 + Beta 9

Started by Praga91, June 09, 2013, 08:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory_Hayes

I found with neck braces, it makes everything worse......I use to drive a kt100s with a neck brace and it hurt so bad, I now drive an x30 without one and I have 0 pain at the end of the day.

Diddy4957

Quote from: KZ2_Iceman97 on June 12, 2013, 04:23:04 AM
Quote from: Praga91 on June 12, 2013, 03:53:35 AM

I find this comment quit wrong. Iceman97 you are not in the CIK Pro kart series? every driver like Ryan Grant, Matt Hamilton, Goob and all thos guys do not wear neck braces.
Everyone in the European WSK or WSK Master series do not wear neck braces. Daniel Bray gave a comment about how dangerous they are at the Kartsport Elite academy, How if you ever are to go over how they restrict the movement with your head falling to the side and by doing that. there is a greater chance of actually breaking your neck. without one your head can move to where ever it is being forced and you will break your collar bone. I recon neck braces are stupid as they don't help in anyway. they just get in the way. i have driven kz and done plenty of laps non stop and was fine. it depends on if you want to focus on the the muscle being built up. younger kids is fine to wear one as they dont have the ability to Gym or work on that but i recon if your older than 15 harden up and work on it. and i have rolled before without them and i was fine.
your statement is wrong, if neck braces were dangerous then they would of been made in the first place, I have seen lives saved because of neck braces and so what I'm not in Pro kart this year, I don't have money to burn like the rest of them all and it would be waste as my gear is total shit, I would rather get ready for pro kart using my old gear and then step up into a brand new kart next year and compete and a couple of laps in KZ, mate try a whole meeting, we'll see how you are after that now no more arguing, this thread has already derailed itself enough

Actually the statement is correct to an extent. In the UK a lot of the foam neck braces are now neck supports as they don't actually do the job they are meant to as a brace. Secondly, in karting neck braces can cause worse injury then a driver would sustain without one, but only in accidents such as a karting hitting your helmet, or if the kart roles and drags along on the driver (they did a talk about it at a UK karting event once). Neck braces would help in most crashes but due to the fact they tend to be designed for car and motocross racing, they don't completely fit in with karting. The exception to this is the leat braces (and similar products) that people only started using a few years ago, most neck braces people use though are not always the best option.

It just depends on the driver, whether they feel the risk of whiplash in a crash makes it worth wearing a neck brace. If people wear a good neck brace it is a good idea, but the cheaper ones that most people use have several flaws, especially involving any crash where the kart roles, or goes on top of their head. 

Lastly this argument has nothing to do with KRP so i think it should stop anyway  :P :P

KZ2_Iceman97

Quote from: Diddy4957 on June 12, 2013, 09:26:40 AM
It just depends on the driver, whether they feel the risk of whiplash in a crash makes it worth wearing a neck brace. If people wear a good neck brace it is a good idea, but the cheaper ones that most people use have several flaws, especially involving any crash where the kart roles, or goes on top of their head.  Lastly this argument has nothing to do with KRP so i think it should stop anyway  :P :P
exactly, end of the day it's your choice whether or not you want to wear one, no matter how dangerous you think they are, this an argument not worth going on about, this thread has derailed enough now and your opinion is your opinion, we don't need to derail a thread with an arguement that has nothing to do with the actual name of the thread
Cameron Dance  • Marenello KZ2 driver • One of the youngest KZ2 drivers in NZ (16 years of age)
iceshard989 on YouTube • KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter • Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

LauZzZn

in germany when you are younger than 14 you have to wear one. and im older than 14 and im still wearing mine.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Kimzu97

Sorry, could we get back to the topic? ???
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

IceMan11

Quote from: Kimzu97 on June 12, 2013, 02:09:13 PM
Sorry, could we get back to the topic? ???

Sorry, I thought it was just a small suggestion but it dosen't matter.
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen