• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 03:20:19 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

A FFB bug (not sure if it really is..)

Started by Flamber, April 06, 2013, 06:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flamber

Tried it,and the fast centering appeared again.
A friend of mine told me that I should try GTR(an awesome simulator),and if I have centering problems too,my wheel is for the trash :D Fortunately,the FFB there was awesome,and when I was on one place with my car,the centering was normal too..
I don't know,I will just wait till the next update and hope it will be fixed. :)

Thanks for the help anyway,guys :)
Good luck :)

Flamber

Okay guys.I'm reviving an old thread.Played a bit yesterday,and the FFB wasn't working again..I've tried the wheel on the beta7 too - the same o.O
When I bought the wheel,the FFB worked on all the games that I played: F1 , KRP , Dirt3(officially supported) , Dirt 2 , TDU1/2.On Euro truck simulator its behaviour became strange - here I found that it is centering itself way too fast..Now it is the same for all games.At first it was okay in GTR Evo1,but then something happened and the same thing happened..I didnt have the luck to play GTR2 normally...
Maybe I fuc'ked up the FFB while attaching it to the desk too hard? Is it possible? But it has the special appliance for attaching,so it is not a problem..At the beginning,I've put the screw without the special appliance(it is written that this may bug the FFB),but I dont think this is the problem ,because it worked on Dirt3 perfectly..
A friend of mine told me that it is possible that just the FFB drivers suck,cuz I've already reinstalled them..
Or maybe the game is not compatible with the wheel?I have to calibrate it again? Please help..The centering is really fast,and the FFB really hard..Or I just have to setup the wheel in the control panel?Because everything there is 100/200..I mean,master FFB 100%(200 total),agressivity,etc...The auto centering is by the wheel,not the game.

Thanks in advance, Flamber.

oppolo

Flamber

Flamber

June 04, 2013, 07:19:00 PM #19 Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:20:42 PM by Flamber
 Well,the same.It was ticket "Center by Game(recommended)",and when I press (F) on the wheel,the button that centers it automatically,it starts centering fast.Same with Center by the Wheel..And when I enable the FFB in-game and disable the (F) button,it slowly centers itself =o ..maybe this is how it works?The FFB was on 52 or 54 ,not sure..

EDIT: I can't also control the kart smoothly..The wheel rotates itself probably because the FFB and cant keep a straight line when the FFB is on..Prostix' driving is really good( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=vHA3nOukHLY ) and as you can see he can control the kart really good.This is what I can't do..Maybe my FFB drivers suck..But I dont think it is because of them..The wheel is not the best,but still very good,awesome I can say..It is not like G27 or T500,but still perfect for using..Dont know why is it like that..At the first time I used it here,the Auto centering was BY THE WHEEL,and everything worked fine..Maybe I should use my guaranty and let the wheel to the service?

oppolo

In a simulator centering wheel must be by game.  Only in some cases a little bit of centering spring, 5 or 10%, gives a better feeling. have you tried reverse effects?

Flamber

Don't remember about the reverse FFB.
Anyway,my centering is now "By the game"and on 100% power.Should I decrease it to 5-10% as you say?

oppolo

June 04, 2013, 09:53:20 PM #22 Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:56:48 PM by oppolo
I have G25 and centering spring is in the profiler setted at 20% for to remove a small dead zone in the center,
The power of FFB in profiler is 120 and the same in the game, but  set as you feel better.
In my wheel force FFB is one thing, and centering spring in another.
Reverse effects is an option in the game, some wheels needs reverse effects in some games

Flamber

Okay,done what you said.Decreased the auto center to 30%,and increased FFB(general) to 120%,also agression to 110%,and the static/dynamic FFB to 120%..The centering was by the wheel.And the wheel failed to work in-game..First the FFB was so fckin' strong(sorry),and then the pedals stopped working..Tried to calibrate them both,then the pedals started working,the wheel stopped(around 4 seconds I press the GAS pedal..)..I've just exited the game..Any ideas?

Im still thinking that I should go and let it in the service,maybe there is a problem..Also,the steering became Unassigned after a bit..Calibrated it 2 times,and the same thing happened..

oppolo

if you have problems also with other games, yes, contact customer care, the usb port work well? have you tried another port?

Flamber

The USB port works well..The wheel works too in other games,but the FFB isn't working properly..In Dirt3,this wheel is officially supported and its behaviour there is perfect.In GTR works too,but not in GTR2..Maybe this game is not supporting it?

oppolo

that's strange, GTR and GTR2 have the same engine (GMOTOR), but in those games is very important how setting the FFB in the plr. I don't know what other to think

Flamber

Oh,forgot to mention that I wasnt playing with FFB,sorry..And when I disable it,the wheel centers normally..When enabled,the same thing happens..As I said before,a guy that is a friend of mine told me that my FFB drivers suck..But I dont think so..On Dirt3 was working perfectly at the beginning..Same for KRP..I had Center by Wheel,100%, all other FFB options were on 100% too,and the wheel was working nice(was beta7)...Now it doesnt work even in Beta7(tried yesterday)..
Anyway,the wheel works perfectly..But when the FFB is disabled..
And,why can't I drive in a straight line?I have to enable deadzone at the center?

Flamber

You know what?Actually,Im starting to think that this is the way FFB works..I will make a video later showing you my "problem",and if it really is the way it is working,Im gonna laught all day..I will post the different settings,and show how it works..