• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 03:04:29 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

question for Brazilain Karters

Started by evo1087, August 15, 2012, 12:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

what is the most popular engine over in Brazil?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

James Beer

I know they have this really good engine that produces something like 53hp and it was metioned on karting1 youtube channel. Apparently it has a really wide power band

Eslotes

Evo they use Sudam TAG or not tag but IAME Sudam in brazil are the best way to have fun and its cheap they told me.
PD: and it doesnt give 53hp thats imposible they give max 40hp
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

EVO

in the the U.S. the dirt oval racers uses two aircooled Sudams on one kart runing on methanol and they make 50+ hp each.

I would not be suprised if the watercooled sudam could produce 50+ hp on methanol. 

Do any Brazilians use the direct drive Sudam?

fdg1997

I don't know too much about 2 strokes but in brazil I run a 13hp Honda GX390 4 stroke (21hp tuned) and it is very common here!!
Sorry my english

James Beer

Quote from: Eslotes on August 15, 2012, 09:00:52 AM
Evo they use Sudam TAG or not tag but IAME Sudam in brazil are the best way to have fun and its cheap they told me.

Quote from: EVO on August 15, 2012, 08:40:18 PM
in the the U.S. the dirt oval racers uses two aircooled Sudams on one kart runing on methanol and they make 50+ hp each.

I would not be suprised if the watercooled sudam could produce 50+ hp on methanol. 

I thought they produced something like 50hp cause I know they are one of the most powerful engines you can get from a 125cc. But in the UK you can not get them at all I think only 1 was ever in ported and that was through just a review they wanted to make

And fdg1997 what's the top end on your honda (top speed)?

EVO

Quote from: fdg1997 on August 15, 2012, 10:59:40 PM
I don't know too much about 2 strokes but in brazil I run a 13hp Honda GX390 4 stroke (21hp tuned) and it is very common here!!
Sorry my english
your english is perfect.  no worries. 

James Beer

You were very fluent when we raced at la conca is it like your 2nd language you get teached here in the UK we have to learn french or german as our 2nd language?

fdg1997

Quote from: Intrepid junior max on August 16, 2012, 01:18:07 AM
Quote from: Eslotes on August 15, 2012, 09:00:52 AM

Quote from: EVO on August 15, 2012, 08:40:18 PM

I thought they produced something like 50hp cause I know they are one of the most powerful engines you can get from a 125cc. But in the UK you can not get them at all I think only 1 was ever in ported and that was through just a review they wanted to make

And fdg1997 what's the top end on your honda (top speed)?

The top speed is something about 110km/h its about 5s slower than the sudam i think ^^

Dan Buck

100cc and 125cc two stroke would be PCR or Parilla...
4 stroke engines would be the Hondas!
no direct drive sudam here, officially speaking! just for fun series and stuff...

the hondas here can reach something around the 100km/h, a little higher than this! 120km/h TOPs, depending on the track layout as well!
i had a Parilla once, double carburator, reaching a top speed of 156km/h @ Aldeia da serra, yellow MG tires, 145kg total! INSANE!
nowadays, they will go close to 130 tops, not far from that! :(
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.