• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 03:01:05 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Mojo

Started by MRO, January 16, 2015, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRO

Mauro

Cory_Hayes

The side wall is a bit small isn't it?

Taddzy

Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

MRO

no Corrie, it is only because of the jpeg different images..
in the model I respected the exact mesures
but to work well we need to use more tex than in KRP standard:
because the ext and int sides are different, and as u know in real right and left tyres
(to follow tyre direction arrow) should have different textures.
also front and rear tyres (and their bump maps) should be different:
so to work well need 3+3 different tex:
side 1, side 2, tread X front and rear
Mauro

sam19

very very nice, love your work MRO,

i wonder how this can be incorporated into the sim

sam

Birel-Rotax 42

Hey, Mauro, this is Corrie, I have been working on getting the model you sent me incorporated into the game, but I haven't had any developments. On that note, I'm not really sure as to what direction I need to go in, because my the cfg files and responses I have gotten aren't very clear-cut. I understand that we want to get this in-game as soon as possible, but I don't see how we are going to do this. PiBoSo, is there some unreleased edf compiler that puts multiple models into the same edf? Is there a specific name that you have to name every object in the 3ds Max scene for the model to work? MRO and I are really struggling to get this done.

LauZzZn

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on January 16, 2015, 05:36:24 PM
Hey, Mauro, this is Corrie, I have been working on getting the model you sent me incorporated into the game, but I haven't had any developments. On that note, I'm not really sure as to what direction I need to go in, because my the cfg files and responses I have gotten aren't very clear-cut. I understand that we want to get this in-game as soon as possible, but I don't see how we are going to do this. PiBoSo, is there some unreleased edf compiler that puts multiple models into the same edf? Is there a specific name that you have to name every object in the 3ds Max scene for the model to work? MRO and I are really struggling to get this done.
Normally you have to name stuff differently in max
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Birel-Rotax 42

I tried naming the front/rear/left/right tyres differently, but there wasn't anything that changed in game. The issue has persisted, even when looking in the cfg's at what to name the objects

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

Are you able to create new tires for the game or something.
Sincerely,

Myles Rowe

MRO

I tried for two days to insert the tyres in KRP before the PiBoSo mini-tutorial,
and as I told you Corrie I understood just few starting points.
No way until PiBoSo decides to explain how is the structure inside.
Infact the FL (front left) tyres goes immediately in its position just editing it in 0,0,0 position,
central pivot: it goes on its hub perfectly.
This means that it is the "leading tyre of the scene".
If you read the hrc, FL tyre in level 0 has no name.
Another information: in the hrc it is not mentioned "model" but "scene", which means that
such edf should be made with several models, hidden or hidden children,
or (what I guess) it could be an edf compiled with several different models.
Another test: if you create a new tyre model, and you name as you wish (eg. XXX), then you add the model name in FL hrc level 0 (instead of blank line), the model appears in the scene...
this could prove that it should be a "scene edf made with several 3ds or 3dsM or... but different files compiled together: I say "could be"... if so no way: it'd mean that we don't have shuch tool to compile an edf made with several separated models.
Also tried to make a single scene in Max with the 4 tyres together:
- even if this is no possible (probably) because in any case in same edf should be missing the rain tyres (they are in same edf in KRP... otherwise... where they are?), the test with a full edf gives bad response:
while the "FL leading tyre" goes in FL hub exactly, other three are out of pivot: the tyres seem not aligned and it is qite unbeliavable to find the exact position...
even if you find (rotating some wheels)... after hours if not days of useless work I'm quite sure they don't work correctly.
The idea of Laurent to name the pieces in the scene with names of code files is correct: and I've tried: but this is not enough at all.
I also considered to calculate the tyres pos accordingy with hubs pos in other (chassis) code files, but the meaning is that we should spend days over days to follow a way which probably is not correct, or in any case not completed with necessary information to procedd, once at a certain result.
If we'd have the solution it'd be very easy to apply more textures (ext side, int side and tread, either for front and rear tyres), and change system: but...
"WHY WORK FOR WEEKS TO FIND WHAT COULD BE SIMPLY RESOLVED WITH FEW WORDS FROM PIBOSO?".
When you, Corrie, asked to PiBoSo, he just replied the way to change the "tread textures": only the tread and avoided to explain also a min info like the way to change the side:
this means that probably he doesn't want to disclose,
and might be he doesn't want to disclose this part (while he explained other parts) exactly because to solve this we'd need some tools which we don't have.
NOTE:
I see that the rain should be same model with just a small texture on the tread:
this gives a very bad result, and nonsense to develop all to obtain at the end such result (!).
Rain have different measures, different shape, not just a different pattern.
But probably he was forced to do so because of the system used for the tyres (the system we're trying to understand), and to change it should be a huge work... we could do this work, but not with missing information.

Last points:
- reading PiBoSo small tutorial on tread I learn "where are the over 5 Mb pf the edf": they're all textures... he talks of 11 and option for another 12 textures: this means that there are 2 models (very small weight, between 50 and 82 Kb each) of F and R tyre and a huge system of textures.
- since I'm very rarely in the forum I take the occasion to say PiBoSo that this system should need to be implemented: improving this part with some extra variables could avoid the not well image of the the kart "flying over the track"...
if you add the weight physics and its tyres effect of the weight, the kart "strongly stands on the road", while now if you see the reply you see the kart "llike flying some centimetres over the road".

I strongly recommend to improve the tyres "as damper system" (***), and disclose the above dark information, so we could help putting experience at disposition.
(*** as obvious in kart the damper system is made with tyres and rear axle, so work on tyres effect should be "a must" for a reliable effect and reliable physics reaction driving).
Mauro

MRO

Ah... "I heat the Mojo tyres": but we must use in champ, so developing the Rotax addon they're needed.
Mauro

MRO

Forgot last point: probably PiBoSo doesn't want we change the tyre side name from PiBoSo to real name:
but we could add the tyre names and PiBoSo written as over layer.
Mauro

PiBoSo

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on January 16, 2015, 05:36:24 PM
PiBoSo, is there some unreleased edf compiler that puts multiple models into the same edf?

It is possible with the existing exporters, but not needed. Just create multiple EDF, one for each tyre / lod, and edit the HRC and gfx.cfg files accordingly.

MRO

January 17, 2015, 02:09:08 PM #13 Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:37:11 PM by MRO
so it was correct my started solution:
infact adding FL_Mojo it works...
but you say: it is possible with the existing exporter:
how do you make a multiple model export?

and how to define position of tyres? see that first one is FL
0,0,0 but FR is not aligned: should we follow the hub position in chassis folder?

thank you
Mauro

PiBoSo

Quote from: MRO on January 17, 2015, 02:09:08 PM
and how to define position of tyres? see that first one is FL
0,0,0 but FR is not aligned: should we follow the hub position in chassis folder?

All tyres must be centered on 0,0,0