• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 01:18:05 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Karting Campillos W.I.P

Started by oskart, February 06, 2013, 02:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oskart

I don't know create the starting grid and checkpoints. There is not manual about race data edition

Aritz

Copy this values and then play with them until you understand how they work:

Don't forget to create Splits and Checkpoints, I didn't yet but they are needed.

oskart

I think I have it done. Splits are to separate t1,t2, aren't them?? I have it, my next problem is to join every file in a .pkz file. I'm late with the finish cause I've discovered a problem with the objects and the kerbs were normal asphalt I'm repairing it now. Anyway here a news screenshots:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Aritz

You have to add skies and amb files
Copy them from other tracks, usually they are the same as lonato.

You can edit amb file for nicer lights or even night or fog weather! I did it for Escourse and it was nice (not easy to do though)

LauZzZn

if you wanna have some nice skies just copy those from liedolsheim ;)
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

prostix

waow waow waow i can't wait to drive on this wonderful track !!!
:D ;D  ;)

SRL-Hitman

Agreed looks very cool indeed!!

Aritz

Oscar, you should improve the track sides texture mapping, they look completely unmapped  :-\

Could you put a screenshot with them shown clearly?

Parece que los mapeados de los lados de la pista están completamente mal mapeados, puedes poner una captura de cómo se ven?

oskart

February 11, 2013, 10:28:06 PM #23 Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:29:54 PM by oskart
No sé a los lados que te refieres Aritz, el borde de la pista?? Lo puse de otro color porque me gustaba el efecto de terreno así más cesped y el borde como más de tierra. Pero vaya que era por probar.

Aritz

You can improve track sides a lot using UVW Map modifier:

Puedes mejorar los lados usando el modificador UVW:

An example using the modifier with a simple texture:
Un ejemplo de cómo se usa con una textura sencilla:

oskart

Ok Aritz I'm going to do it. I was testing the track in game, it looks like good enough, it will be ready when I finish the textures. But I have a problem the timing doesn't work.

oskart

Aritz

There are many possible problems with that...

Most of the time the problem is left/right values in Race Data. Are they ok? Show us yours ;)

Hay mil cosas que pueden estar mal.

La mayoría de las veces es por poner al revés los valores izq/der cuando creas la parrilla, pits etc. Pon unas capturas de cómo has puesto para que veamos y no seas tacaño y pon varias, que se vea todo bien ;)

oskart

Estoy haciendo lo del UVW Map no me queda igual de bien que a tí  pero ha mejorado bastante el aspecto, he flipeado los árboles y está quedando todo aceptablemente bien, una pena no poder dejarlo igual que la hicieron los creadores pero creo que vamos a disfrutar mucho esta pista.

I'm doing what the UVW Map, I do not have just as well as you but has greatly improved the look, I flip trees and everything is running fairly well, a shame not to do it like the creators did, but I think we to really enjoy this track.

Aritz

tienes los left/right hechos un lío... a veces left es + y otras -

si no recuerdo mal, left es siempre - pero si no va, ponlo + y será eso ;)