• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 04:00:35 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Building a Track

Started by sam19, February 19, 2014, 04:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam19

Hi guys,

i want to build a track my self, whats the easiest way of going about doing this?, i have lots of G sensor data as i run my own race team, but all this data is on my aim race studio, not on google maps, im not sure how to export it for the right format so i can use it in the builder

whats the best way to go around building the track?

regards
sam

LauZzZn

the easiest way for sure is btb and convert it to 3ds max. you need gps for accurate tracks, g force isnt that useful.
the most precise and clean way is 3ds max from scratch. we got a lot of tutorials here on the forum just look at the "want you track" thread sticked at the top of the tracks topic
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

sam19

Cheers is BTB free? i couldnt find it on there website ?

sam

LauZzZn

Quote from: sam19 on February 19, 2014, 04:26:15 PM
Cheers is BTB free? i couldnt find it on there website ?

sam
The 30 days demo is free but then you have to pay 60€ i think.
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

sam19

currently downloading 3dsmax but i cant find BTB anywhere, i downloaded one version and it just kept coming up with a JIT bug

had anybody got it that could send it me please

sam

LauZzZn

Quote from: sam19 on February 23, 2014, 04:18:13 PM
currently downloading 3dsmax but i cant find BTB anywhere, i downloaded one version and it just kept coming up with a JIT bug

had anybody got it that could send it me please

sam
Just google bobstrackbuilder!
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

sam19

i have googled bobstrackbuilder and iv joined up to the site but not had any activation email come through emailed "Bob" 6times asking for it but no reply and you can't simply download the demo

sam

LauZzZn

Quote from: sam19 on February 23, 2014, 05:17:19 PM
i have googled bobstrackbuilder and iv joined up to the site but not had any activation email come through emailed "Bob" 6times asking for it but no reply and you can't simply download the demo

sam
Look at your spam folder
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

sam19

hi everyone, finally got BTB and its all up and running i was missing a dll for some reason,

i have imported the image of the track i want to make and gone roudn it with the closed loop tool then used the open loop tool to make the pit area,

i have also imported a couple of walls but just looking and everything seems to be at different heights and when i go to change the height of everything they go crazy and i get silly hills

im still new to this and not sure how to curbs or grass,

regards
sam

maxrod

Make sure everything is up to date graphic drivers and windows updates.

sam19

Hi guys. Went on it this morning and everything is on the same level and I can import objects. Only problem I have is the grass seems to be covering part of the circuit. What's the best way to get rid of the grass ?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of objects either. I added a curb or 2 and thn I couldn't edit the curb. I don't know if I'm being stupid but as soon as I put something in it takes me forever to figure out how to edit it

But for now iv got the track and the grass and the walls. How do I now put it into a format the game can understand ?

Sam

maxrod

If you are still using BTB you will need to download Xpackers or you can make your own you will need to look on the internet at tutorials as it would take me to long to explain, there is lots of stuff you can do but you will need to learn will take time, after you have built something you will then need to convert it using 3dsmax or some other modelling program as you can export fbx files, The grass on the track is probably over lapped mesh as I say it will take time.

sam19

where can i get the xpackers so i can put it into the game,

i have made all the bits i want to make, now i want to put it into the game and see before i get to involved with it i want to make sure it works

regards
sam

maxrod

If you look on the BTB website there is a link for the Xpacks, If I was you I would just build a track with grass and asphalt then try to convert it, It will give you some idea then you can try something bigger.