• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 02:39:02 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta4

Started by PiBoSo, October 30, 2011, 07:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DmitryRUS

Aritz

First race for me with beta4. Sun but wet track:

Practice about 20 mins and the track completely wet. The times go down slowly.
Qualify, the dry corridor appairs, times are quite fast.
Race, I was the brave with slicks, the other 2 wet tyres
At first they beat me easy but in the end, the distance was not increasing :) There was a very wet area yet and I wasn't able to go fast there...

Really surprised with the very real behaviour of the tyres and the different drying of the track!! The slicks went perfect, as I feel the real ones on real world when the track is 50% wet :)

Good job :D

PS: We had a "crash" when the admin changed from no aids to aid permitted :( Some of us were on track when he did the change. Schwoni can explain better than me ;)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 01, 2011, 01:34:54 PM
First race for me with beta4. Sun but wet track:

Practice about 20 mins and the track completely wet. The times go down slowly.
Qualify, the dry corridor appairs, times are quite fast.
Race, I was the brave with slicks, the other 2 wet tyres
At first they beat me easy but in the end, the distance was not increasing :) There was a very wet area yet and I wasn't able to go fast there...

Really surprised with the very real behaviour of the tyres and the different drying of the track!! The slicks went perfect, as I feel the real ones on real world when the track is 50% wet :)

Good job :D

Thank you very much for the message. This kind of feedback is the only thing that makes this "job" meaningful  :)

PS: We had a "crash" when the admin changed from no aids to aid permitted :( Some of us were on track when he did the change. Schwoni can explain better than me ;)

To try to catch crashes there is a dedicated server called "UseMe", that runs in the debugger. Please use it as much as possible.

Schwoni

i can`t connect to use me i don`t see ping

Schwoni

tonight we have done some  more races clear but wet  first time we was 8 people or something like that and the server crashed. Then i started a private server there we met with 4 guys we sometimes get this kart. exe crash 2 of us can`t join the server after that ( ping wasn`t shown) then we only were 2 guys :) we drived 1,5 - 2 hours after that the track was completly dry and black :D there was so much rubber on track that the kart feels like a train :) this dynamic surface work really perfect. except the laggs sometimes and the crashes but physics are very good.

SoupDragon

I bought KRP when it was in the first beta, and it's steadily improved with every update. 
Really loving this new build! Seems to me like the Netcode is a bit more stable, even though from what I understand it wasn't updated.
Dynamic track surface is a first in any game as far as I can tell, so where is your Nobel prize!!! :)

Great work Piboso!

GhostriderPl

Very good update....BUT......why my PC is now too slow for it? with beta3 i dont have any problems but now i cant drive a lap without problems  :'(

I have a 2,1GHz processor a 256MB Grafikcard and 1024mb RAM......thats not enough?

If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

nmpcs

Quote from: GhostriderPl on November 02, 2011, 12:24:26 PM
Very good update....BUT......why my PC is now too slow for it? with beta3 i dont have any problems but now i cant drive a lap without problems  :'(

I have a 2,1GHz processor a 256MB Grafikcard and 1024mb RAM......thats not enough?
I noticed that too.
I have an old Pentium 4 3.0 with 2.5gb RAM and a 512mb ATI graphic card working on a windows 7 x86.
With the beta 3b I had no problems, now with the new beta4 I had to remove shadows and other stuff and reduce resolution. Still can't drive in the Amsterdam indoor track :(

PiBoSo

Quote from: GhostriderPl on November 02, 2011, 12:24:26 PM

Sorry for the performance problems. Your PC should be powerful enough.
Graphics engine and netcode will be the focus for the next release.
In the meantime, what do you think of the revised physics? A lot of tuning of grip levels and temperatures was done, so hopefully you should finally be able to do some laps without overheating the tires.

GhostriderPl

The physics are great in my opinion!  its alot more driveable and you can drive agressive without overheating tires on the 5th lap ;)

in beta 3 i have always take a look at the tires and that causes that you cant "only" drive because you always wait for less grip.....

Now its much better...i can drive and drive and i overheat the tires only when i make a few mistakes for 10+ laps...

Thank you very much for hearing our opinions and try to do it so it will be better....we all love your work and we love too that you do all for making this game as real as possible.....

keep on racing! ;)

Greetings GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

Aritz

Quote from: GhostriderPl on November 02, 2011, 01:47:36 PM
The physics are great in my opinion!  its alot more driveable and you can drive agressive without overheating tires on the 5th lap ;)

in beta 3 i have always take a look at the tires and that causes that you cant "only" drive because you always wait for less grip.....

Now its much better...i can drive and drive and i overheat the tires only when i make a few mistakes for 10+ laps...

Thank you very much for hearing our opinions and try to do it so it will be better....we all love your work and we love too that you do all for making this game as real as possible.....

keep on racing! ;)

Greetings GhostriderPL

+1

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Schwoni on November 01, 2011, 11:47:13 PM
tonight we have done some  more races clear but wet  first time we was 8 people or something like that and the server crashed. Then i started a private server there we met with 4 guys we sometimes get this kart. exe crash 2 of us can`t join the server after that ( ping wasn`t shown) then we only were 2 guys :) we drived 1,5 - 2 hours after that the track was completly dry and black :D there was so much rubber on track that the kart feels like a train :) this dynamic surface work really perfect. except the laggs sometimes and the crashes but physics are very good.

I was the other one who drove and the drying track is perfect, you get a bit more grip every few laps. When the track was completely dry and there was much rubber there was so much grip that you almost couldn't crash if you stayed on the black line. :D

And the tirepressure system work very good aswell. Actually I didn't find any bad things except for the errors.

Keep up this good work Piboso!  ;)

ENNKT

I did clean install beta 4, when i start game, the resolution is so large, that I can't click settings.? tried ebverything

Aritz

Quote from: ENNKT on November 03, 2011, 06:24:16 PM
I did clean install beta 4, when i start game, the resolution is so large, that I can't click settings.? tried ebverything

Do you use HDMI? Sometimes I have the same problem and I have to restart the TV

ENNKT

Tried that, still same. game starts but eveything is too large, can't see setting and can't click on anything.