• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 10:34:53 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

radeon hd 6700 lag

Started by James Beer, October 30, 2013, 08:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Beer

hi just updated my asrock bios from 1.2 to 1.8, before i did this my games graphics were fine i had no lag or fps drops. My card is a radeon hd 6700 series and when i restarted my computer after updating it, i realized the AMD Catalyst control center had gone missing - i could not find it on my pc. So i then reinstalled the software off of the AMD website and i thought great it was only a small problem. I started up a few games and unusually the games were really laggy and had low fps, for example Rfactor was working fine before this no problems at all but now even in testing mode with no ai im getting fps of between 3-13, it will play then freeze etc... In my browser also youtube videos are very unresponsive and there is about a 2 second gap between me pressing it and it responding.

does anyone have any ideas whats causing this?

many thanks

Birel-Rotax 42

It could be running only on on-board graphics. What Catalyst drivers are you on? I know that when I crossfired my 7850 and my 7870, when I installed the catalyst drivers, I would have to restart my computer 2 times after I installed the drivers in order to get Catalyst to start up.

Bayley Bell

I have a AMD Radeon 6450 and it runs KRP fine on Max settings and graphics at atleast 60fps

James Beer

October 31, 2013, 01:47:08 AM #3 Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:07:52 AM by Intrepid
yes mine was fine, had no problems with it was able to record and play at 60 fps+
i have downloaded the latest driver off there website this one http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64
i am not using onboard graphics i am ucing pci.
i updated my bios as my pc was getting unstable and i was told updating would solve this which it has but the graphics are now utterly crap.

can somebody post their settings in the catalyst via screenshot or something, its really weird it plays the menus fine and i can move around the kart no problems in the main screen but when you go to track it is just so laggy and freezy such a delay between you inputing and the game out putting

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: Bayley Bell on October 31, 2013, 01:23:18 AM
I have a AMD Radeon 6450 and it runs KRP fine on Max settings and graphics at atleast 60fps

I'm running max settings at 70+ fps ;D

Birel-Rotax 42

What I am saying is that the graphics card is no being used. I also understand that you have a gpu. It sounds like the graphics card isn't being utilized by the system. @Cory How is that relevant to any of us?

James Beer

October 31, 2013, 02:15:15 AM #6 Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:20:44 AM by Intrepid
in my system it says there is a radeon 6700 hd connected - in my bios i have put it on pci rather than the onboard one - im just doing a vid to show what is happening. Do you think its a driver issue or do you think its my card giving up?

and thank you for helping mr hiatt, everyone at amd is useless never give you any answers

Birel-Rotax 42

It may just be that you need to make a custom profile in Catalyst control center. I needed to do that to optimize my two graphics cards. I'll look into it. Are you on the beta 13.10 beta 2 drivers, or 13.9? I went 13.10 beta, and it's flawless aside from OpenGL shading stuff.

James Beer

October 31, 2013, 02:28:08 AM #8 Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:30:30 AM by Intrepid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7YBiJ67tg0&feature=youtu.be

i dont know which version im using all i know is i downloaded this http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64 if im using the wrong one could you send me the link to the correct one?

Birel-Rotax 42

How about trying to turn down graphics for now, and gradually work up? Also, make sure that your motherboard is utilizing the gpu in PCI gen 2/3 16x or 8x mode. If you are running the card in a slot wired up for 4x, you will get a bottleneck in terms of performance.

James Beer

i have tried turning it down, it makes no difference. on that second part i dont really understand what you mean?

Birel-Rotax 42

After a bit of looking around, what I said would not cause such a noticeable difference. Can you try downgrading to the 13.1 drivers? Those ones are the last stable ones that I have had. This is quite an odd problem.

James Beer

October 31, 2013, 02:45:26 AM #12 Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:47:08 AM by Intrepid
i would try and downgrade but when i updated the bios and rebooted the pc, the catalyst software was no where to be seen on my computer, i used uninstaller programs to search for it, i used driver optimizers to find it but it could not be found that is my reasoning for getting the new version as i  cant find the old one. The night before i updated the bios i was playing krp with a mate, that was the last thing i did on my pc that night, there were no problems then, its just weird as its exactly the same card and stuff its not like its something new in there

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on October 31, 2013, 02:13:30 AM
What I am saying is that the graphics card is no being used. I also understand that you have a gpu. It sounds like the graphics card isn't being utilized by the system. @Cory How is that relevant to any of us?

I was out doing old mate Bayley Bell :D

James Beer

what i think ill do is uninstall this version of it then use the disk that came with it to install the original one