• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 12:44:05 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Piboso Linux Test

Started by dibu, June 07, 2011, 08:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

What happened this afternoon on this server? I got twice a CDT and each time I had to restart the pc to enter the track again.
Reconnecting or restarting KRP was not enough, I only got a black screen when I entered the track, but could hear the other karts.
Looking at other drivers with the replay live screen always went fine.
Without restarting the pc I always got funny pictures like this, a mix of two karts. ;D

Aritz

I had the same issue but in other server (bigmac). First black screen in game and then the two pilots like the images

(what is CDT?)

PiBoSo

Please be patient.
"Piboso Linux  test" is a dedicated server running natively on Linux.
It is the first revision of linux porting, so there are still bugs to fix.

lepper

what a great news!
i'm a linux fan and run a dedicated without wine will be great! and cheap!

JamieP

Is the Linux port just for the Dedicated Server or for the Client as well? If I can run this on linux, I don't need Windows any more

PiBoSo

Quote from: LostCause001 on June 15, 2011, 09:14:29 AM
Is the Linux port just for the Dedicated Server or for the Client as well? If I can run this on linux, I don't need Windows any more

It's a full port. However the client has some limitations, compared to the Windows version: no triple screen and no head tracking.

JamieP

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 15, 2011, 10:22:39 AM
It's a full port. However the client has some limitations, compared to the Windows version: no triple screen and no head tracking.

Sounds great. Can't wait till it's available. I'll be happy to see the back of windows on the main computer

Nitrox

Will there be a Mac port too?