• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 04:38:46 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Steering judder

Started by David Waters, April 10, 2012, 05:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Waters

Hi,

I've noticed a small bug with KRP's physics.

On tracks which have elevation change mid corner, I've noticed that the steering judders quite a lot. It's most noticeable with uphill corners, particularly if they're cambered (but also sometimes on steep downhill corners as well). It's not anything major, I just think it needs looking at.

Cheers,
Dave.

PiBoSo

Corners with elevations changes need a lot of triangles to be smooth.
Please try increasing subdivision.

David Waters

I'm already using a fair amount of polys. Do I really need even more than this? The judder doesn't feel like the track is bumpy, it's more like there's just too much grip.

PiBoSo

Quote from: David Waters on April 10, 2012, 05:37:03 PM
I'm already using a fair amount of polys. Do I really need even more than this? The judder doesn't feel like the track is bumpy, it's more like there's just too much grip.

It looks smooth enough, but please try to increase subdivision to see if it improves the feeling.

David Waters

Ok I will. I'll post back here and let you know if it's better.

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

David Waters

Sorry for the delayed response.

I've tried adding more subdivisions as you suggested, but even with twice the amount, the juddering is exactly the same (not even reduced)

The corner in question does have quite a lot of elevation change, but still this shouldn't happen:

PiBoSo

Quote from: David Waters on April 29, 2012, 12:15:20 AM
Sorry for the delayed response.

I've tried adding more subdivisions as you suggested, but even with twice the amount, the juddering is exactly the same (not even reduced)

The corner in question does have quite a lot of elevation change, but still this shouldn't happen:

Thank you for testing.
This issue will be investigated as soon as possible.