• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:36:18 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Race review

Started by lepper, June 03, 2011, 11:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepper

Well tonight at www.iraceonline.eu we do our first race with KRP.
we start in 8th into the server but we race with 5 drivers (too much restart due rolling star).

-the server works fine without crashes (great news)
-netcode-lag not bad,sometime you see the other cars jumping a little but the game is very enjoyable
-cris_ace discover a bug when he pass a driver [he will explain it better]
-maybe it's a my fault but i set the server with psw but anyone could join it without insert any pasword,and i set pin max restriction to 200 but this dont work,becouse a guy join us with an hight ping 300.
After apply this settings i restart the server (not the machine but the exe) tomorrow i will try again to set a server with psw.

thanks to piboso for this great game

oppolo

there is also a problem about CTD, i had 3, one when a guy joined and 1 during the chat, also other people suffered CTD.

in front of me there was 2 karts, when they were very closed, they begun to lag and then happened an accident

join lag had to be reduced

the time for connect is very long

rolling start must be practised a lot, but it's not a problem at all, endeed...we have the start at the second lap, i dind't know that pilot have to be in formation otherwise there is not the green light

Cris_Ace

June 04, 2011, 04:08:21 PM #2 Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:11:43 PM by Cris_Ace
Well,here's the bug I've found during online race:
I've a friend that lives near my home and plays with me KRP;
after overtaking we crashed because he close his trajectory too much toward my side,because he was thinking that I was a way back from him,but on my pc it appears that I was before him;
that's difficult to explain in speech words,but we checked the replays and mine showed me in front,but on his machine I was back of that position;
the 2 replays show different things and I know this is due to lag,but in close racing as it is for kart racing,we all must know where is the opponent real position and a solution is needed here;
it's ok having a minimal lag,but the objects on the simulator have to be on the same place for all players,isn't it?
By the way Piboso,great improvements are made in this beta 3,keep it up the great work!

PS:I take place in Lepper's race yesterday and it happened again
Quotein front of me there was 2 karts, when they were very closed, they begun to lag and then happened an accident
I was battling with Corrado in front of Oppolo and maybe thats' why we crashed near to him

SoupDragon

June 05, 2011, 09:02:24 AM #3 Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:07:20 AM by SoupDragon
I've said it in another post but once I disabled Shadows, Reflections, 3D grass, and "enabled 2D flags" I had no lag at all.  I have a pretty good pc too so it's not only the FPS, in hotlapping I can have all settings on MAX.  I find AA, Anisotropic, etc can all still be on max.

Unfortunately I did CTD after while watching Lepper and Cris_Ace in the Live Window... :(

We should try to coordinate all our graphic settings before next weeks race and see if we get an improvement across the board.

Oh and I did also get a CTD a few days ago in exactly the same situation as Cris_Ace has described, someone passed me and just after I got a CTD.

Aritz

June 06, 2011, 11:04:59 AM #4 Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:06:39 AM by Aritz
I have 50000/5000 line. I will rename it to "RACE REVIEW TESTING" and you can do any test you want, races or whatever you want.

ESSAY - OPEN is ok? I want to try KC3, the best kart in KRP for me :)

Please, lets test it and help to improve the game

Aritz

What is the conclusion then?

We see incorrect position of the rest of the pilots? Only with more than 4 ping?

lepper

Quote from: dibu on June 06, 2011, 01:33:49 PM
I'm still not sure what it means. I don't know whether the live screen shows the same like the sim does on the track. Maybe there are more corrections done inside the sim - only PiBoSo knows.

It's only certain, that it is much better with short pings.

I saved both replays, from the notebook and the gaming pc.
The replay on the gaming pc of my own driving is clear and without lags.
The replay on the notebook shows lags and erratic wheel movements.
I have to take a closer look at them later.       

Maybe PiBoSo can give us a hint, how to continue testing.

you disable the falgs etc?